Unit Health Adjustment/Tagset Plugin

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Platinum

Unit Health Adjustment/Tagset Plugin

Post by Platinum »

If anyone remembers the original Goldeneye 007 game for N64, once you beat the hardest level on the game, it unlocked the 007 mode, where you can adjust the health of the enemies from 10% up to 1000% of the regular health. 10% basically meant any sort of dmg inflicted would cause a casualty to the enemy no matter what the means. 1000% meant you had to pretty much empty several magazines of rounds into one guy until he would die.

I was wondering if the same could be adjusted for the Myth engine? Either an option in the hosting menu to adjust the unit health, or created as a tagset where all the units health is preset to a certain percentage. I think it would make for some pretty epic games and also hilarious ones. I think that on the lowest health setting, even a piece of flying debris, or anything that causes the slightest damage would result in instant death. Likewise with a high-preset health setting, you'd have battles go on for much longer because they would go back and forth forever until they died. So maybe warlocks can take 10 kicks from a trow before they are killed, etc.

This is just intended to add another dimension to Myth that I think would be a lot of fun and add an element Myth has never really had before, especially in gameplay.

It could even be a way to make the solo levels even harder, say if the enemy health was 2x what it normally is, and your units are regular as well.

Hopefully I get my point across enough and that this draws enough interest that someone can tell me if this can be done or not.
juliocpaes

Re: Unit Health Adjustment/Tagset Plugin

Post by juliocpaes »

Platinum wrote:If anyone remembers the original Goldeneye 007 game for N64, once you beat the hardest level on the game, it unlocked the 007 mode, where you can adjust the health of the enemies from 10% up to 1000% of the regular health. 10% basically meant any sort of dmg inflicted would cause a casualty to the enemy no matter what the means. 1000% meant you had to pretty much empty several magazines of rounds into one guy until he would die.

I was wondering if the same could be adjusted for the Myth engine? Either an option in the hosting menu to adjust the unit health, or created as a tagset where all the units health is preset to a certain percentage. I think it would make for some pretty epic games and also hilarious ones. I think that on the lowest health setting, even a piece of flying debris, or anything that causes the slightest damage would result in instant death. Likewise with a high-preset health setting, you'd have battles go on for much longer because they would go back and forth forever until they died. So maybe warlocks can take 10 kicks from a trow before they are killed, etc.

This is just intended to add another dimension to Myth that I think would be a lot of fun and add an element Myth has never really had before, especially in gameplay.

It could even be a way to make the solo levels even harder, say if the enemy health was 2x what it normally is, and your units are regular as well.

Hopefully I get my point across enough and that this draws enough interest that someone can tell me if this can be done or not.

Platinum,

It is possible to adjust the health units by tools :

FEAR ......> objects.....> max vitality....

and / or

LOATHING

on map actions, look script "unit control" and "unit test" also provides to manipulate the health units.

help you ?
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Not really as I'm not familiar with using Fear at all. I want it to be a plugin/feature that everyone can use, and not just to adjust my own. So I'm not sure how that works.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Platinum wrote:Not really as I'm not familiar with using Fear at all. I want it to be a plugin/feature that everyone can use, and not just to adjust my own. So I'm not sure how that works.
yes ok, understand, but if you make a plugin (fear-adjust) it will work as your plugin/feature/ for all others players.

for this you be need very much familiar with using Fear. :|

Julio
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I mean, if you wanted to adjust it on the fly there's no easy way for that, scripting perhaps, but otherwise, you'd need to make tagsets for difficulties.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Jon God wrote:I mean, if you wanted to adjust it on the fly there's no easy way for that, scripting perhaps, but otherwise, you'd need to make tagsets for difficulties.
Yeah Platinum, look my Myth TFL (difficulties);

Jon God

Post by Jon God »

juliocpaes wrote:
Jon God wrote:I mean, if you wanted to adjust it on the fly there's no easy way for that, scripting perhaps, but otherwise, you'd need to make tagsets for difficulties.

He wants to be able to change the health of units across the board. That would mean making a tagset for each % stronger he'd want the units.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Jon God wrote:
juliocpaes wrote:

He wants to be able to change the health of units across the board. That would mean making a tagset for each % stronger he'd want the units.
OH well, So the only way is to make at "fear" :o
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Tagsets would be fine. One at 0% unit health. 200% unit health, 1000% health, maybe even a couple like 80% or 120% that just change gameplay a little bit and not as drastically as the others.