solo map team count?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
wwar

solo map team count?

Post by wwar »

Hi,
I've been playing around with a solo campaign in my off time, and have five teams specified in both the mesh entry in Fear, and in the actual mesh itself in Loathing (one for myself, and four opposing teams). Everything is scripted so that when all teams opposing the player are dead, the map is won. Now when I playtest this, two opposing teams are present, but two more are missing. Oddly, the mesh scripting gives me a victory when I defeat the two teams present (but not the two teams that are missing). My question would therefore be: is there an unspoken limit to the number of AI-controlled teams that can appear in a single-player campaign map? Is there some way I can work around this? It seems very odd, and I would think that the AI would be able to handle more than two opposing teams.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: solo map team count?

Post by Pyro »

For single player you can only use teams 0, 1, and 2. Technically also team -1 but that is more of an uncontrollable part of team 0 which is the player's team.

Since it is single player, you don't even need more AI controlled teams. You can script team 1 units to fight other team 1 units if you wanted them to be against each other. Was there some reason you needed more teams? Maybe there is another way to go about it, depending on what you needed to do.