Seven Samurai mod?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Cpt_Hughes

Seven Samurai mod?

Post by Cpt_Hughes »

It would be amazing if someone could make a Seven Samurai mod. I have had the idea to make it based off the 1950's Japanese movie for a while, but its very hard these days to find the time to even begin learning how. With the excellent Bushido and other custom Japanese feudal age units that have been made, a big one has been left out: samurai-horsemen. The guys that ride into battle with spears and swords ready. Also, peasants with spears would be good to see. If someone is feeling froggy they could even make custom bandit units also. If you have watched the old movie "Seven Samurai" you will agree to these ideas. If nobody is up to this task then maybe one day I could hopefully learn the ways of custom unit making myself and make this happen. Until then everything else seems to get in my way of spending time with my favorite games :facepalm:
juliocpaes

Re: Seven Samurai mod?

Post by juliocpaes »

Cpt_Hughes wrote:It would be amazing if someone could make a Seven Samurai mod. I have had the idea to make it based off the 1950's Japanese movie for a while, but its very hard these days to find the time to even begin learning how. With the excellent Bushido and other custom Japanese feudal age units that have been made, a big one has been left out: samurai-horsemen. The guys that ride into battle with spears and swords ready. Also, peasants with spears would be good to see. If someone is feeling froggy they could even make custom bandit units also. If you have watched the old movie "Seven Samurai" you will agree to these ideas. If nobody is up to this task then maybe one day I could hopefully learn the ways of custom unit making myself and make this happen. Until then everything else seems to get in my way of spending time with my favorite games :facepalm:
just once, I have watched the old movie "Seven Samurai" ... so you would like a "bushido plugin" ? but, you already know the plugins bushido existing to download in Tain ? or http://www.orderofhpak.com/Manuals/Bush ... anual.html
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I'd play it, that's a fantastic movie.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Point

Post by Point »

i made a color map for that once long ago... never learned how to script though :)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

I have made a plugin based on Bushido and Assassin called Sengoku, which is an attempt to more realistically model the fighting of the period. There are no cavalry but there are fast armored units that serve the same role. I would totally appreciate feedback on developing it further, I work on it now and again from time to time.
Sword Ring

Post by Sword Ring »

I played a v1.1 (2009) and v1.6 of Sengoku, found them both quite cool. Hope you manage to pull this one off.