LPGRs that deal damage?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
A-Red

LPGRs that deal damage?

Post by A-Red »

Hey all,

Is it possible to create a local effect around a monster that does damage to anyone that gets near it?

Basically, I want to create an undead unit that is on fire. I would like this fire to damage any unit that gets close enough to attack it with a melee attack, and I'm also considering having the ground catch fire/get scorched wherever it walks, although that is of secondary importance. The first thing I tried was to give this monster the "internal effect fire" lpgr, but this is just a visual effect, and since an lpgr tag doesn't actually have any tie-in to a projectile tag, I don't see any way to create an effect around a monster (that follows the monster around) that does damage or sets the ground on fire. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!
Souly

Re: LPGRs that deal damage?

Post by Souly »

Not with a LPGR

but , i have a solution for u.

you need to give it an attack that's reflective like ( regeneration of Paliden in mazz )
and maybe let it use ammo, your scripting can make it cast it on itself when they spawn.

This needs to never expire and its object tag take no damage.

it will detonate continuously , detonate a projectile group that has the LPGR in it that you want and thus the unit will be on fire. In this projectile group it can drop inadvisable projectiles on the ground that can set the land of fire...thus creating the effect that the unit is setting the land on fire.

Then also add a invisible lightning tag to that projectile group that will strike any unit in the radios you want ( ignoring your unit )...that detonation tag of the lightning can then also set the targets on fire and so on.

I have not made this but i have a spell that works like this and im 100% this will give you the effect you want!!!

Talk to me on HL and ill guide u
Souly

Post by Souly »

There is 1 problem you might have to deal with....

Units act all funny on burning terrain and im not sure how to get a work around to that.

Units will try to find a path around the part of the terrain that's on fire....
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Souly wrote:There is 1 problem you might have to deal with....

Units act all funny on burning terrain and im not sure how to get a work around to that.

Units will try to find a path around the part of the terrain that's on fire....
Even units that are immune to fire damage?

Thanks for the help! I'll try it out.