High Wall Models

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Souly

High Wall Models

Post by Souly »

Hi

Anyone please help me, i am looking for high wall models. Preferable double sided walls.
I can not make my models or do not know how to do it using windows.

I know how to change the textures on models so any walls that are really high, and not to fancy will work.

Thanx
juliocpaes

Re: High Wall Models

Post by juliocpaes »

Souly,

Look my PM send you ... :wink:
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

The 7th God campaign has some pretty high walls.

Not saying you should care, but In case you do care, the Creation mapmaking group (who created the 7th God) weren't big fans of people re-using their content, especially without their permission.
Souly

Post by Souly »

Are they still even around tho?

None the less, I wont use there stuff then, but thanks for the feedback.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I wasn't saying you can't or shouldn't re-use content, I was just mentioning that in case it's something you feel strongly about.

If a map creator or group was still in existence and still using and reusing elements they created then it would be rude to re-use their content, but when the content creators have abandoned myth mapmaking development it's not as cut and dry.

My personal, firmly non-legal opinion is that it's generally ok to re-use non-commercial content from maps or plugins as long as you clearly credit where you borrow the elements from. If I wanted to do the 'right thing' in regards to re-using content that wasn't clearly ok to be re-used, I would send off emails to the contacts listed in the readmes for the map or plugin and ask permission to re-use the content. If the emails all bounce back as undeliverable I'd feel ok re-using the content (with credit) because I made a reasonable attempt to contact the creators.

Content creators feel free to object, but this is just my personal opinion. I haven't created a lot of content myself, but if I were to find out that someone was unable to contact me went ahead and re-used something I had made and they clearly credited me for that content I don't think I would have a problem with that. But again, that's just me - your mileage will vary.
Souly

Post by Souly »

Agree 100% with you.