Vlad the Impaler from Wallachia map idea

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Roarkes

Vlad the Impaler from Wallachia map idea

Post by Roarkes »

Vlad Tepes, which was a voievod from Wallachia (later united with Moldavia), or Vlad Dracul, was cruel to the rich nobility who was corrupt. It is said that he put on the ground a golden goblet, which no one dare to touch it to steal it. So the history from my country say... A single player map or multiplayer map "Grab the goblet". If i won't do it, someone may do it !
Btw, no, Vlad Tepes didn't drink or was a vampire... Dracula was only a story...
Quake 2 Dawn of Darkness
juliocpaes

Re: Vlad the Impaler from Wallachia map idea

Post by juliocpaes »

Roarkes wrote:Vlad Tepes, which was a voievod from Wallachia (later united with Moldavia), or Vlad Dracul, was cruel to the rich nobility who was corrupt. It is said that he put on the ground a golden goblet, which no one dare to touch it to steal it. So the history from my country say... A single player map or multiplayer map "Grab the goblet". If i won't do it, someone may do it !
Btw, no, Vlad Tepes didn't drink or was a vampire... Dracula was only a story...
Hi Roarkes,

I found interesting your idea and story with Vlad Tepes. the plot need some more definitions :

1º Vlad will be friend or enemy ? (the player controls who ?)
2º which the object of the game? search for golden goblet or kill Vlad ?
3º who would be attackers ? (villagers and warriors against vlad?)
4º Or Vlad attack with his army of undead monsters a fortress to pick up golden goblet?

these are the basic settings,but the "mapmaker" also he need to build a good playability, Well, a good map It takes a long time to do.
the closest to look similar to vlad or radu vampire, would this unit.

here, our collection units

http://www.freewebs.com/soulblaster/3rdpartyunits.htm

Julio :)
Roarkes

Post by Roarkes »

Good ideas for a map objectives. Let's say we are a greedy group of adventurers (if we like a more real historical aproach the units will consist only in warriors and archers). We are going on a long and peril march towards our gool to grab the unreacheable goblet, trough forests and villages we go and finaly we fight Vlad and his army of undead and his loyal soldiers to grab the goblet. And we live rich afterwards or maybe not. :)
Quake 2 Dawn of Darkness
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Roarkes wrote:Good ideas for a map objectives. Let's say we are a greedy group of adventurers (if we like a more real historical aproach the units will consist only in warriors and archers). We are going on a long and peril march towards our gool to grab the unreacheable goblet, trough forests and villages we go and finaly we fight Vlad and his army of undead and his loyal soldiers to grab the goblet. And we live rich afterwards or maybe not. :)
Roarkes,

I understood, yes it is possible to make the map with successful .first can be single-player ? Julio

in the collection of artifacts, we have:

it could be the goblet?

book necronomicom ex-mortis

=====================================================================================================

Attention Maik, you would like to help?

Julio
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Roarkes, not all units are available at freewebs.

When I started my active, Soulblaster "thrown" "Bag of Tags", so most new units there.

You can find new units in my plugins:

* Siege of Belmont

* Myth II - Diablo

You can count on my help.

But if I do not answer for a long time or simply do not perform any obligation - so I am very busy. (I do this, I :| )
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

well, I'm on vacation, from now until january 2015.
So, I think to play with the myth, a little. :lol: