Can't see my first Map when hosting

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Phobos

Can't see my first Map when hosting

Post by Phobos »

Hey guys,

I just made my first map 1280*1280 via Loathing, with a color map, placed 2 kind of units in the center of the map for each team and 2 observers. I checked the "is complete" and "Body Count" box in the Mesh via Fear.
But i cant see the Map in the Map list when i host a game in the Multiplayer.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Can't see my first Map when hosting

Post by Pyro »

When make or just modify maps and other tags, they get saved in your local folder. When playing online, the local folder is mostly ignored with a few exceptions that don't affect gameplay directly.

To host the map on the metaserver, the only option is to create a plugin out of your local folder. Use Fear for this. Go to File > Build Plug-in File. Give it a plugin name. The plugin URL field can be left empty or you can include the URL or a short message that anyone that does not have it will see if they double click on it when you are hosting it. Include all the related tags that should be part of the plugin. Normally all the tags you have there should be included but there are exceptions such as formations and observer constants.

If you are just interested in testing a map you are working on, you can just load the map in TCP/IP mode which will not ignore your local folder.