Siege of Belmont [20%]

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
paladin MAIK

Siege of Belmont [20%]

Post by paladin MAIK »

Siege of Belmont: DEMO 1.1

1564.The later Middle Ages.
City of Belmont.

Lord Reynald " Brave " proclaimed himself king confederation Antarian Tibiya III overthrowing former King . Be monarch - is not easy and it is naturally necessary to prove his conduct of affairs . Velaneze Kingdom is famous for its sea robbery off the coast of Mars and has earned a bad reputation for themselves . Reynald " Brave " declared them enemies of the state and encourages Antarian neighboring towns come under his banner , in order to stop promiscuity barbarians.

However, the king of Aden , which owns Belmont , refuses to participate in the campaign against any innocent " barbarians ." He remained true to himself and his people , thus becoming an enemy Antarian ...

DEMO version 1.1

* One solo level (Prologue)
* One multiplayer level
* 7 new units
* The atmosphere of the Middle Ages and the battles of those times
* Fixed many "dead" map actions

1.2 DEMO (coming soon)

- The mission objectives are a little misleading. You can't enter the city like they suggest, you have to wait a certain amount of time before the gate opens.

- Cannons often suicide by shooting their own cannoneers. (Both the player and enemy cannons)

- Since the cannon has such a long cooldown time between attacks, it would be nice if the attack used mana, so you could see when it can fire again.

- I couldn't figure out what the point of the "solid shot" attack is. It doesn't seem to be useful(?) It would be cool if you could do a straight-line shot that goes through multiple units, like this (Warning: Graphic imagery) http://a.gifb.in/1238512629_the_patriot.gif

- The way the cannon switches to a different "close range" attack is kind of annoying. Maybe you could use the inventory system to let the player pick the attack type?

-It is possible for units to go through the wall model near the northwest gate.

- Some things have wrong sound effects. For example, when an archer gets hit, it makes the "shooting arrow" sound. When a warrior dead body explodes, it makes the warrior death sound.

- The enemy AI seems quite singleminded in some cases. If you send units out into the middle of the map, they are sometimes ignored by units rushing to attack the city.

- Some of the waiting enemy platoons which have not been activated yet do not respond to being hit by cannonfire. You can shoot them until they're dead and they won't move at all.

"Peak - the perfect weapon against cavalry. But unfortunately in sieges and lack of cavalry on the battlefield, they were no different from a simple infantry. Or could keep the enemy at bay."

"Lansquenet is a mercenary, dressed in light armor with a heavy sword Flamberge. Currently Lansquenets is any warrior or knight, which has a two-handed sword."

"Hundsgugel became popular among medieval army. Helm also called "pig snout" or "dog snout." The main feature of the helmet was his form that often saved the warrior in a particularly heavy grinder, because kick spear or sword often slipped on the helmet."

"Light Leather Breastplate, yew bow, a quiver of arrows - weapons medieval archer. Since the 11th century seyat death on the battlefield, but with the discovery of "black powder" called gunpowder, archers were replaced by more fearsome fighters - arquebusiers."

"Fear and smoke, it spawned a weapon on the battlefield, whether forest or field, or swamp. Arquebus - gun death, even the negative effects of these weapons, slow reload and wick still generates fear in going ahead of the enemy."

Want to modify as much as expected and Laws of Evil, Greek plugin and AoM.

At the moment, ready to 7 units of 8.
This modification will be of a set of new units and the solo campaign of 5 levels.
In any case, you can plunge to massive medieval battles accompanied chopping off hands and heads.

Screenshot #1

Screenshot #2

Screenshot #3

Screenshot #4
Last edited by paladin MAIK on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:42 am, edited 11 times in total.
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Siege of Belmont

Post by Melekor »

Very nice looking screenshots :) What game are those sprites from? They seem to work pretty well in myth.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Great pics!
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

NIce job,I love the look of it!
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Maik,

I'm anxious by see and playing this plugin Siege of Belmont ... come on, do upload quick... :D
paladin MAIK

Re: Siege of Belmont [14%]

Post by paladin MAIK »

Well guys, I think you drools, and hands can not wait to try the plugin ... :lol:

Here's how it will look the main menu: (screenshot 800x600, requires Expanded Interface)
Attachments
siege of belmont logo.png
siege of belmont logo.png (207.32 KiB) Viewed 4586 times
paladin MAIK

Re: Siege of Belmont [20%]

Post by paladin MAIK »

Plugin awaiting approval ...

Demo version is ready ...

Enjoy ...
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

paladin MAIK wrote:Plugin awaiting approval ...

Demo version is ready ...

Enjoy ...
I'm anxious and curious ... :|
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Siege of Belmont [17%]

Post by Melekor »

Hotline upload is fixed now, so please use that instead. The tain isn't meant for alpha quality plugs.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Demo version is ready.
You can download it at the beginning of the theme (first post).
See the readme to install the plugin without errors.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Maik,

i test the demo Seige of Belmont : Cool new medieval units, warrios with pointy helmet an others.
the places and well distributed scenarios, you have evoluted in creating maps.
I loved the movie. encourages imagination when playing.

congratulations,

Julio :D
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I've been playing the demo 1.1 on legendary. It's fun and quite difficult, I haven't beat it yet. So far I've noticed a few things:

-The mission objectives are a little misleading. You can't enter the city like they suggest, you have to wait a certain amount of time before the gate opens.

-Cannons often suicide by shooting their own cannoneers. (Both the player and enemy cannons)

-Since the cannon has such a long cooldown time between attacks, it would be nice if the attack used mana, so you could see when it can fire again.

-I couldn't figure out what the point of the "solid shot" attack is. It doesn't seem to be useful(?) It would be cool if you could do a straight-line shot that goes through multiple units, like this (Warning: Graphic imagery) http://a.gifb.in/1238512629_the_patriot.gif

-The way the cannon switches to a different "close range" attack is kind of annoying. Maybe you could use the inventory system to let the player pick the attack type?

-It is possible for units to go through the wall model near the northwest gate.

-Some things have wrong sound effects. For example, when an archer gets hit, it makes the "shooting arrow" sound. When a warrior dead body explodes, it makes the warrior death sound.

-The enemy AI seems quite singleminded in some cases. If you send units out into the middle of the map, they are sometimes ignored by units rushing to attack the city.

-Some of the waiting enemy platoons which have not been activated yet do not respond to being hit by cannonfire. You can shoot them until they're dead and they won't move at all.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Anybody can download the video passing my level ?

I need to know whether I have made ​​mistakes.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I defeated all the enemies but the map did not end. My recording file is attached to this post so you can see.

a couple other things I noticed:

-the gate winches play the "casualty" sound when they are destroyed
-the gunmen (arquebusiers) have an annoyingly large minimum range that doesn't make sense
-the cannons are really fun when you can actually get them to fire! However, a lot of the time, they just won't fire and they start moving instead. It's slightly infuriating. I think there are some settings in fear you can change to make that better, have you tried "does not require solution"? I'm not sure if that's the one, but there should be something that helps.
Attachments
belmont.demo1.1.zip
(20.19 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

What was changed in 1.3? Is the victory condition fixed at least? In beta 1.2, the level did not end.

I noticed your interface is in the form of a local folder, this needs to be converted to an interface plugin. I can show you how to do that, or do it for you.

I also noticed that the narration sound for the level is the willow creek narration, you might want to remove that.