Interface merge pixels

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
paladin MAIK

Interface merge pixels

Post by paladin MAIK »

anyone can explain:

Why when I create the interface, and when I push out, I merge the pixels?

juliocpaes

Re: Interface merge pixels

Post by juliocpaes »

very strange, I never saw it. :?
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

The hot pixels in the image look like they might be caused by a color table mismatch between the collection and the imported bitmap. Are you using Oak? When you import the image, are you getting a warning about the color table?
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Melekor wrote:The hot pixels in the image look like they might be caused by a color table mismatch between the collection and the imported bitmap. Are you using Oak? When you import the image, are you getting a warning about the color table?
Yes, I use Oak.

Naturally I get a warning about changing the color of the table, but even if the color coding table in Image Ready, and I like two images have the same color table, I still have it appear blur ...

I also used Tahoe - the same result ...
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I just remembered, this could also happen if the image uses color index 0 or 1 for some of its pixels. Those indexes count as transparent in game in most situations.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Aye, as Mel says, make sure the first 2 colours in your colour table are completely unique (that is, those colours don't show up anywhere in the images you want to use for your collection), and then you shouldn't get any interference. You're definitely experiencing transparent pixels.

Most common settings for those 2 are (in order of Hue, Saturation, Brightness) 240, 100, 100 Blue, and 300, 100, 100 Pink.