Map Overheads

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
gorgots

Re: Map Overheads

Post by gorgots »

It worked :) thanks man your the best :)
Point

Post by Point »

now what would be really cool is if you could get a overlay of the detail texture map to merge with the color map before printing... :)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
gorgots

Post by gorgots »

is that something you can do :P
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Probably not so easy for the detail textures. However, if you have photoshop or gimp or some image editor that handles layers... do yourself a treat and export each shadow map as well. Layer the shadow map over its counterpart colour map, then set the layer's blending mode to multiply. Gives a sense of dimension on your terrain.
gorgots

Post by gorgots »

hey guys just to let you guys know that my pen and paper myth campaign is going very smoothly, however there is one thing I would like. does anyone know how to pull the textured unit models out of MYTH III and the colour and shadow maps coincidentally, I'm not sure how you people here at the Tain feel about myth III but its worth a shot. (best I managed to do was extract the colour map for units from the texture stack not what I was really after but hey its a start!