For Heroes Who Dare

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
paladin MAIK

For Heroes Who Dare

Post by paladin MAIK »

Hello again, I'm with you again - MAIK.
Sorry for such a bold entry.
Well, perhaps I'll start ...

Many people remember the plugin: Field Commander (http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/field-commander)
, in which I tried to show the scale of the battles SB, for which he is capable. But This plugin, so to speak was a little "damp", ie a moral and limited ammunition, as it seemed to me later, it was not enough.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I present to you my new project (to be honest modding takes too much in my power):

Field Commander: For Heroes Who Dare.

As you can see in the screenshot plugin is developed on the basis of "Heroes Who Dare" from GHOST ® and COLL Fe from IronDuke [for which he thanks!].

Unfortunately, when the GHOST ® has left our community, he also has restricted access to their plugins, but in a way I even remind you of him.

What is the difference Field Commander: For Heroes Who Dare to Field Commander and other plugins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Differences:

Field Commander: For Heroes Who Dare will also differ in its scale battles. The main picture of what is happening will battle the forces of Light and Darkness, namely Alric's army and Soulblighter's army.

In the Field Commander: For Heroes Who Dare added :

+ Morale (when the soldiers in the unit is less than half the panic starts and the remaining soldiers will run away from the battlefield. )
! At the moment, "morality" is 233 MAPS Actions.

+ Added artillery and " artillery " units ( dwarfs and fetches)

Artillery :
Fetch and dwarfs represent a much more formidable threat than archers , so you do not just send your troops and the enemy , near which there are these guys.

+ Also adds the ability to capture artillery points on the map that can go " hand-to- hand" to both teams.

Artillery (cannons) :

The map will be added to long-range weapons that can capture both teams . Suffice it to one of the fighters is 1 or 2 teams approach the Artillery cannon , later it passed into the hands of the team that captured him . Will lead to the destruction of the cannon losing it on the battle map .
! At the moment, "CANNONS POLYGON SYSTEM" is 50 MAPS Actions.

+ Added the ability to hide in the woods. ( may be hidden : dwarfs , berserkers , fetches, forsakens, maybe archers and soulless # # in development )

Sneak in the forest :

In most cases, it would be advantageous to ambush the enemy , which could decide the outcome of the battle. But how to do this if the enemy ( be it human or computer) to easily find you on your mini-map and you will be able to save only what your opponent entangled in combat and not upeet in time to give orders ...

Sneak in the forest will hide soldiers in places with dense vegetation. Warriors will be able to hide such as : dwarfs, berserkers, fetches, forsakens, maybe archers and soulless # in development #.
! At the moment, "SNEAK TERRAIN SYSTEM" is 285 MAPS Actions.

+ Added a field engineer who can dig and dig trenches and install the " shrub " and " stone " explosives.

Field Engineer :

Ordinary journeyman only has powers : treatment, digging trenches, burying setting, the " rock " mines set to " scrub " land mines .

(conventional pus packets in the first case and satchel charges in the second) , they play the role of a masked explosives.

+ Will also add " air support " for both sides.

Air support :

It is planned to add the ability bodyguard commander " call for help from the air ." I mean, how in the plugin Heroes Who Dare, the airship will fly with dwarfs and arrange the bombing of a particular square , namely that you have marked by a signal grenades.

It is also planned (but not the fact !) Add to the dark side of the airship with gnols, which will be determined bombard square with pus patskets .

+ The commander can call a bird - scout, which will cover the territory.

Bird- scout :

The commander can call the eagle , which will cover the territory for you. Of course, until he was shot down arrow or lightning.

Problems Currently:
- At the moment, total = 625 MAPS Actions.
Sneak archers and soulles in the forest is estimated to be = 320 MAPS Actions!
Sneak archers and soulles will depend on whether there will be enough this limit!
[probably not enough]

- Bots no longer listen to their orders (MAPS Actions). One half of the army is on the plan, another example Soulles not reach its destination. Ie they run into the mountains and do not want to fly them. (thanks GHOST ®, well, this is not necessary to think of it, repaint the mountain is not in the "step", and "deep water.")

Stay in the know to know the details ...
Last edited by paladin MAIK on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
paladin MAIK

Re: For Heroes Who Dare

Post by paladin MAIK »

For Heroes Who Dare_Beta_1a coming to light!

Well, not quite. This is most likely a presentation that contains two multiplayer levels.

And so, I ask. Beta_1a you can download below.

Try with your friends: secrecy in the forest, capturing cannons, morality, strikes two types (dwarfs and gnols), well, a lot of fun (the battle itself).

Good luck in your battle!

AND FIGHT TO THE END MEN!
-----------------------
#!FHWD_Beta_1a!#
-----------------------

If you unfortunately do not have anyone to play, then you can watch the video. [Beta test, of course, not without bugs.]
-----------------------
recordings.zip
MAIK vs TITAN
(26.25 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
-----------------------
Point

Post by Point »

be sure that ghost and Iron ok the use of things... also your field commander plug had great potential though really should have a go at light vs dark units on it...

AoM units are not quite ready yet though when they are you are free to use them ... and if you wanted to help make them ready just pm me ...

if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

For Heroes Who Dare BETA_2a is now available !

I could release this BETA_2a a week ago , but too little time I have now , but scripting - it is not easy .

However :

+ Fixed the following bugs:

(1) Some units do not disappear or run away from the battlefield. ( even if it is left , it means that you are too much load on the system scripts (ie too fast battle ) .

(2) Updated equipment engineer . ( more trenches and charges)

(3) Commanders and their bodyguards have a protective field ( careful it will turn on automatically! )

(4) added ammunition to : archers and soulles. (as well as fire arrows in inventory)

(5) Arson is one bush causes a chain reaction, eventually everyone else will burn the bushes and had a big fire.

(6) A new network map - Field Commander (D vs D) ( fight night under the rain and thunder )

I hope I was able to make the final BETA_3 as a single game - it is an essential component of fashion , but think of yourself as the computer is not so simple ...

FIGHT TO THE END MEN !

and not die..

-----------------------
#!FHWD_BETA_2a!#
-----------------------
Attachments
recordings.zip
MAIK vs TITAN (standart & D vs D)
(54.53 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
capital

Post by capital »

Holy moly batman an epic-large battle mod.