Loading colors in Oak

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
juliocpaes

Loading colors in Oak

Post by juliocpaes »

I add a new collection in the Oak, and load some images (spriters) in a sequence (eg. stand 1), so then I add another sequence (eg. walk) when I upload more images (spriters), The Oak say that have a conflict with the "color table"
How do I avoid this? In both cases, the images are BITMAP 256 (8 bits);

Jul
GHOST®

Re: Loading colors in Oak

Post by GHOST® »

juliocpaes wrote:I add a new collection in the Oak, and load some images (spriters) in a sequence (eg. stand 1), so then I add another sequence (eg. walk) when I upload more images (spriters), The Oak say that have a conflict with the "color table"
How do I avoid this? In both cases, the images are BITMAP 256 (8 bits);

Jul
I use Photshop 5.5 and I usually just copy and paste all the BMPs into a single RGB (Red Green Blue) PS image, then select Image >> Mode >> Indexed color. It will ask about flattening image, discarding unused layers, etc, say yes. Now, when then the Indexed Color window opens, Set it to Pallete = Adaptive ; Set the Forced = Custom... and set the first 3 colors of the blank index to appear to 0000ff, ff00ff, 00ff00. Then save the color table for the next step.

This part is alot easier if you can run batch files in your art program, but basically open your original, mish-mashed indexed images, convert them 1 at a time from their original Indexed Image to a RGB Image then back to an Indexed Image using your newly created color table from above and save. I usually use Save a Copy and just let it append *copy* to the end of the original file name, in case i need the originals and|or to easily identify which are my newly indexed images for importing.

Hope that helped you out or at least points you in the right direction. :o)
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The images you used in the same collection must all use the same color table. You would need to save all images using the same color table. To create the color table, just do as Ghost said. Except you only need to force the first 2 colors, not the 3rd. Only Amber needed the 3rd color, Oak does not. The first color is the one used for the background of the bitmaps like the blue one used by Bungie. The second color is used to separate the images, it must not be a color used in the images.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Pyro // Ghost,

thanks for the help, I fix the colors.

Jul