about ballista haravikk

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
juliocpaes

about ballista haravikk

Post by juliocpaes »

I downloaded the unit ballista haravikk of the website "Myth - bag of tags" (3rd Party Machinery).

but, when I placing the unit on my map, using the tool loathing, and it crashed ! and the loathing is automatically closed. :?
I guess the unit ballista haravikk of "myth bag of tags", can be with files damaged. someone have the unit in functioning to give me?

Julio
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: about ballista haravikk

Post by Pyro »

Sometimes you just have to figure out what you are missing as no one else might have what you want. Check if the myth_log tells you what you are missing. If not, open Fear and look at each tag. It might not be obvious, but there must be a missing tag that is stopping it from working. OR if you placed these tags inside a local folder with other tags, there might be a conflict with 2 tags having the same ID.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Pyro wrote:Sometimes you just have to figure out what you are missing as no one else might have what you want. Check if the myth_log tells you what you are missing. If not, open Fear and look at each tag. It might not be obvious, but there must be a missing tag that is stopping it from working. OR if you placed these tags inside a local folder with other tags, there might be a conflict with 2 tags having the same ID.
Hi Pyro,

I open Fear and look at each tag. but not found there a missing tag that is stopping it from working.
and placed these tags inside a local folder without other tags, also cleaned the entire folder before.
I not found a conflict with 2 tags having the same ID.

this unit, it will not work with version 1.7.2 Myth?

Look here Myth_log :

2013-02-26 16:11:40
Myth II Build 374 running under Modern Windows 5.010000 ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Intel 945G | Intel | OpenGL 1.4
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
Loading Patch Files...
marius net Patch
Patch 1.2
Patch MariusNet
Patch 1.3
marius net DNS
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Patch 1.7 Templates
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Running Direct3D at 1024 x 768
Starting mesh "Willow Creek"...
Using 1.7.2 gameplay...
Myth Crashed: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Attempting Stack Trace...
Error loading dbghelp.dll.
Stack Trace Failed
Recording Buffers Flushed

I did not have dbghelp.dll then downloaded it, and put in the local folder. but continued failed myth.

Julio
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

No need to download a DLL file for Myth. You can delete that file you got. Why are you using Direct3D? Try OpenGL. Why do you have "marius net Patch" and "marius net DNS"? Did you make those or did you download those? You might want to delete those 2 files, but that is not related to your issue.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

The ballista collection file is corrupt. Re-saving it in Oak will allow Myth to run without crashing, but some of the bitmaps will be incorrect.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Pyro wrote: Pyro,

No need to download a DLL file for Myth. You can delete that file you got. Why are you using Direct3D? Try OpenGL. Why do you have "marius net Patch" and "marius net DNS"? Did you make those or did you download those? You might want to delete those 2 files, but that is not related to your issue.

Melekor,

The ballista collection file is corrupt. Re-saving it in Oak will allow Myth to run without crashing, but some of the bitmaps will be incorrect.
Ok Pyro // Melekor,

I'll try to do the fixes suggested by you.

I using direct 3D or OpenGl ... I switched, to see if it run with one or the other.
I have "marius net Patch" and "marius net DNS"? I know nothing about it ,because I do not play multiplayer.

previously once I ran perfectly this unit ballista in a Myth with older version, but I not remember now.

Julio
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

I setting Myth pref to OpenGL, the ballista unit run correctly. :lol:
However, the projectiles that it throws, The ballista collection file is corrupt ("spriters".)

look.

Julio
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

That ballista sprite comes from Age Of Empires (the first one), I recognize it. Maybe you could find some of the sprite graphics on the internet and use them to fix up the collection?
Point

Post by Point »

or just borrow one of the 3 that are in the AoM tagset.. :)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Melekor wrote:
Melekor

That ballista sprite comes from Age Of Empires (the first one), I recognize it. Maybe you could find some of the sprite graphics on the internet and use them to fix up the collection?

Point,

or just borrow one of the 3 that are in the AoM tagset.. :)
Melekor,

I'll try could find some of the sprite graphics on the internet and use them to fix up the collection.

Point,

one of the 3 that are in the AoM tagset? ...you have ballistas? where link?

Julio
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

I could use the sprite graphic below only the "arrows" to fixes the ballista haravikk.

juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

:D Thanks you Haravikk and group/team of Project Magma by the fixes made ​​in the unit ballista by the plugin multiplayer : "Forest of the Giants". :wink:

Julio