River of Gold/life, impervious to untag?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Zaknafein

River of Gold/life, impervious to untag?

Post by Zaknafein »

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/river-of-life

http://mirrors.orderofhpak.com/Creation ... es/RoG.php

I tried to untag both of these but the files seem to be corrupted. I can create a local folder but files are missing or in the wrong place. I can't open them in myth either. Anybody else have the same trouble?
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
vinylrake

Re: River of Gold/life, impervious to untag?

Post by vinylrake »

Hmmmm let me think back..... nope, the last time I tried to untag River of Gold/Life so I could change it up and make it into a 2-team map then repackage it as my own map it worked fine for me.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

You're right, they're corrupted. Luckily the correct versions are still available in the repack "A Separation of Ages". Until Baak fixes the files on his mirror, I've made the RoL and RoG tain items redirect to the SoA page.

Get it here: http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/a ... on-of-ages
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

Thanks Melekor! Gonna go untag these maps and then convert them into 2 team meshes before I slap my name on it and re-release as "River of Zakâ„¢"!
God of mapmaking
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Why don't you come up with an original idea for a map instead of copying other mapmakers? You know I already had that idea about RoL/RoG.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Zaknafein wrote:Thanks Melekor! Gonna go untag these maps and then convert them into 2 team meshes before I slap my name on it and re-release as "River of Zakâ„¢"!
'
well what's a guy supposed to believe when over on the MWC12 forums in a thread about your new mappack you say things like :

"Will take a few weeks to complete as I'm waiting for certain maps to be released so I can steal them and add them to this pack."
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Zaknafein wrote:Thanks Melekor! Gonna go untag these maps and then convert them into 2 team meshes before I slap my name on it and re-release as "River of Zakâ„¢"!
Seriously Zak!? :oO

I really hope you are not just slapping your name on someone elses hard work and calling it your own! Its one thing to borrow parts of other peoples projects to use in your OWN project, but to just add your name to there work and re upload is plain worng, akin to thievery in my book.

If i am misunderstanding all this, then i apologize, but if not, then you and I will be butting heads and i am very hard headed when it comes to deception and thievery!

GHOST®
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

How petty would someone have to be to take a hissy fit and spend the time to rate all someone's maps and plugins 1 star just because they made fun of you?

Of course that's a rhetorical question, no one here would act that childish.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

GHOST® wrote:
Seriously Zak!? :oO

I really hope you are not just slapping your name on someone elses hard work and calling it your own! Its one thing to borrow parts of other peoples projects to use in your OWN project, but to just add your name to there work and re upload is plain worng, akin to thievery in my book.

If i am misunderstanding all this, then i apologize, but if not, then you and I will be butting heads and i am very hard headed when it comes to deception and thievery!

GHOST®
People on this forum seem quite irritated that I'll put my name on a plugin file without including a readme. Quite different than actually pretending I created the original plugin. This current project is a compilation of close to a hundred ffa maps that I've altered to different degrees. I might include my name in the title of the plugin, who knows!
God of mapmaking
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

'Zak's Pack Of Stolen Maps' right?
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

So when I try to upload an original plugin, Mel would not approve and beat on me about it being lazy

but when Zak uploads something practically stolen... it's approved right away and even aided in untagging the ones that resisted.

Pfft.. I guess Resistance is futile.
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

DR, I was trying to help you make your plugin better, because I care about you and didn't want you to get a bad review. :wink:
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

GodzFire wrote:'Zak's Pack Of Stolen Maps' right?
More like "Zak's pack of Maps (that he didn't get permission to use)"

I'm sure the authors of these plugins would much prefer their cmaps remain dusty and unused as opposed to played in ffa tournaments.
God of mapmaking
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

They probably would if they knew you were messing around with them and then not giving any credit to who actually made them.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

GodzFire wrote:They probably would if they knew you were messing around with them and then not giving any credit to who actually made them.

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/f ... l-map-pack

Totally bra
God of mapmaking