River of Gold/life, impervious to untag?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Zaknafein

Re: River of Gold/life, impervious to untag?

Post by Zaknafein »

Melekor wrote:DR, I was trying to help you make your plugin better, because I care about you and didn't want you to get a bad review. :wink:
DarthRevan555 wrote:but when Zak uploads something practically stolen... it's approved right away and even aided in untagging the ones that resisted..
One day, DarthRevan, you will upload plugins of Zak quality and they will be approved right away (if you're really good magma might even aid you in untagging some stubborn plugins :) ). Its not an easy road Revan, but if you put in the hours some day you can be like Zak.
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

Zaknafein wrote:
Melekor wrote:DR, I was trying to help you make your plugin better, because I care about you and didn't want you to get a bad review. :wink:
DarthRevan555 wrote:but when Zak uploads something practically stolen... it's approved right away and even aided in untagging the ones that resisted..
One day, DarthRevan, you will upload plugins of Zak quality and they will be approved right away (if you're really good magma might even aid you in untagging some stubborn plugins :) ). Its not an easy road Revan, but if you put in the hours some day you can be like Zak.

I agree, Some day I'll upload Zak-quality plugins where I'll just take levels and slap it together into a 2t or ffa and package it as my own, and after so many hours I put in to making plugins I'll just get tired and slap a couple dozen together in an afternoon, then that'll be pure 100%-Grade-A-Pasteurized-Zak-Quality Product.

Until then, I'll keep on working hard on coming up with new ideas, putting hours into perfecting my craft and release natural organic products.
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

DarthRevan555 wrote:
Zaknafein wrote:

I agree, Some day I'll upload Zak-quality plugins where I'll just take levels and slap it together into a 2t or ffa and package it as my own, and after so many hours I put in to making plugins I'll just get tired and slap a couple dozen together in an afternoon, then that'll be pure 100%-Grade-A-Pasteurized-Zak-Quality Product.

Until then, I'll keep on working hard on coming up with new ideas, putting hours into perfecting my craft and release natural organic products.
Yes padawan, as you get better at your craft you will find that the replay value of your maps will increase. You see right now, like 100%-Grade-A-Pasteurized-Zak-Quality Milk, the replay value is much longer than it should be. It is almost unnatural!

Unfortunately your plugins are just not there yet. They entertain for about 30 minutes, maybe an hour. Then the novelty wears off and your all natural organic raw milk expires, and turns sour.

My suggestion? Work on your colormapping skills. I'm not really big on aesthetics either, but you have to at least look like you tried. When your maps look like a kindergarten student tried to copy what an actual CMAP should look like, using paint smeared onto their hands.

I would say check out the Clem cmap guide, but unfortunately I can't find it anywhere online. I'm sure VR can help you out!
God of mapmaking
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

I would say check out every guide ever written. Like babys-first-script or.. "so you want to make a map"

Also there's this great program you should check out its a 12-step program to help quit untagging.
Insert text here.
Insert massive ego here

Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

DarthRevan555 wrote:I would say check out every guide ever written. Like babys-first-script or.. "so you want to make a map"

Also there's this great program you should check out its a 12-step program to help quit untagging.
What a coincidence, Zaknafein's Mapmaking Team! is offering a similar program. For just 12 payments of $99.99, we will teach you how to properly combine the tags you've untagged. You might want to check it out, because I notice you use untag all the time, but the way you compile your tags is really amateurish. I mean you can try to give units 3x the health they originally had but it still doesn't draw away from your complete lack of originality.
God of mapmaking
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Wait, did I just hear Zak accuse someone of lack of originality?
The cake is a lie.
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

Zaknafein wrote: the way you compile your tags is really amateurish. I mean you can try to give units 3x the health they originally had but it still doesn't draw away from your complete lack of originality.

Just lol @ that.
Insert text here.
Insert massive ego here