Fir'Bolg

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
SamualACarver

Fir'Bolg

Post by SamualACarver »

I was wanting to use Fir'Bolg on a map I am working on. Can someone tell me where I can find the Tags for them? Are the tags for different units available individually as a file for each unit?

Thanks
Sam
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Fir'Bolg

Post by Pyro »

You would have to find a plugin with the unit or set of tags you want. Then extract them and make sure you are not missing any of them. This is the old fashion way which is still a common method to use.

Another option is using a tool like Chaos (Windows and MacOSX). Chaos has a function to extract a set of linked tags.

A third option would be SoulBlaster's Bag of Tags site. It has some units (and other myth stuff), but not all. Just find the one you want and click on the picture to download a zip with its tags.
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

Thanks Pyro. The first option is what I thought of but I figured there might be an easier way. I was hoping there would be something like SoulBlasters "Bag of Tags" That was a good idea he had, but he didnt have Fir'bolg there. Anyone heard anything from Soulblaster lately? He was with Gru but I dont think he gets our group emails anymore. And I havent heard from him in years.

I think I will try using Chaos. That way I can get some experience using it.

Sam
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

I've tried ti use Chaos but I keep getting the same error message "Cannot set exclusive mode. Fear or Loathing is already running, or the Myth directory is marked read only". I dont have Fear or Loathing or Myth running. I'm not sure what the marked as read only means. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks Sam
ozone

Post by ozone »

I see two FIr'Bolg on this page of the Bag of Tags

one from Creation Games and one from Chimera
do it.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

SamualACarver wrote:I keep getting the same error message "Cannot set exclusive mode. Fear or Loathing is already running, or the Myth directory is marked read only".
I forgot to mention this little bug. Go to your local folder and locate the "tools" file. It is a temporary file the tools use and can be safely deleted when they are not open. Chaos simply thinks they are open because it finds this file. So delete it and Chaos should open fine.