Valley of Despair Feeback/Support Thread

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
GHOST®

Valley of Despair Feeback/Support Thread

Post by GHOST® »

For Feedback and Support concerning Valley of Despair, a sOOnâ„¢ to be released SoLo / CooP map(s) from Project Magma.
Sunday, November 19

Scales. Covenant. Tyr. Madrigal. All have fallen. The Summoner found. The nightmare Myrkridia unleashed. Hollowmen and Ghôls occupying White Falls. I had thought things could not possibly get worse. I was wrong!

EDIT:
If anyone is interested in a preview or a just wants to get a leg up on whats coming your way, you can download this .zip file to give you those insights.

Enclosed are the complete Read This HTMLs for the Valley of Despair Maps and the Valley of Despair-Interface. Also included in the .zip are screenshots of what the new interface looks like.

GHOST®
Last edited by GHOST® on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
juliocpaes

Re: Valley of Despair Feeback/Support Thread

Post by juliocpaes »

Hi Mr Ghost,

When you will startup this plugin for us? :D

Julio
GHOST®

Re: Valley of Despair Feeback/Support Thread

Post by GHOST® »

juliocpaes wrote:Hi Mr Ghost,
When you will startup this plugin for us? :D

Julio
Greetings Julio,
These plugins are in their final testings. Planning the release for this upcoming weekend. :o)

GHOST®
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
GHOST®

09082012 12:00am VoD NOTICE

Post by GHOST® »

Greetings, just wanted to let the 3 persons, (the other 2 already know), who got ahold of Valley of Despair before it was ready for release that the plugin you have IS NOT the release version. So, you will likely want to trash that one when the actual Valley of Despair Plugins are released so as not to be red if you CooP and/or to take advantage of the last minute tweaks/fixes.

Thank U for your interest and we're looking to have things ready for you all to download no later than this time tomorrow.

EDIT: Best laid plans and all. 24 more hours. Need to get a couple planets to line up properly amongst a couple other small items. Real Life will need my attention for a bit tomorrow, but as sOOn as i can break free, i will be uploading for release the finalized Valley of Despair.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.
:o)

GHOST®
GHOST®

Project Magma releases Valley of Despair 09/10/2012

Post by GHOST® »

OK, sorry i blew my deadline by a couple days. :o(

So, without further ado . . . .

Project Magma releases Valley of Despair

I hope you all enjoy it half as much as i enjoyed making it. :o)

GL HF

GHOST®
GHOST®

It has come to my attention . . .

Post by GHOST® »

It has come to my attention that some folks are having a couple of issues with VoD.

1. Screen goes black during overcast FADE script.
When i scripted this i had my MythII contrast set to 1/2 and my laptop near or at its brightest. If you are having a problem where its getting to dark to see, please try adjusting one or both of these settings higher. Also, if you have FOG turned on, try turning it off. Hopefully this will lessen/eliminate this issue for you. If not, post here and let me know. If a large number of people are having this problem, i will think hard on releasing a patch to fix it.

2. Units circling back to the Dorfs.
I apologize for not mentioning these in the VoD Read This.html. Whats going on here is when i was rescripting TJC into VoD, i recalled that TJC's script could be easily broken or manipulated by players sending out a single unit to trigger and draw in the enemy to be slaughtered at the players leisure. To eliminate this possibility, i scripted VoD so that any unit that gets X world units away from the Dorfs will fall back to them. X is farthest in Timid to Normal play, less far in Heroic, and even less still in Legendary.

This is not ideal i know, but the alternative where i had Myrm's spawn underneath the units that wandered too far was even less so, as it almost always resulted in the death of the unit(s). If playing sOlO, this shouldnt really be an issue for most, and if playing CooP, well, youre supposed to cooperate anyways, so no need to be running off too far on your own. ;o)

When playing Desperate Measures or The Gauntlet maps, you may also run into a similiar situation when units try to get near either of the bridges, they will turn away from them. This is to keep your other units from proceeding to or beyond the bridges. I did this since only the Dorfs can trigger the endgame win which is activated when they get close enough to either bridge.

I apologize if either of these issues lessened your fun while playing VoD.

GHOST®
6 OCT 2012