Myth 3 - editing solo maps in Ballistic

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
gugusm

Myth 3 - editing solo maps in Ballistic

Post by gugusm »

Hi everyone, haven't written anythign here for some time...

One of the other Polish Mythers asked me for help with Ballistic, but since I know nothing about M3 mapmaking and Ballistic at all, I decided to ask here... I tried solving this problem by myself, but no effects.

The problem is that we simply want to edit some map from M3, let's say add some units in the first level. I know that in order to edit "original" tags in Ballistic, I have to make a new tag and drag the original one there, and then edit it. I did it, saved it in my plugins folder, but still no effects. Obviously, I have to do something more, but I don't really know what to do. This is probably very stupid and simple question, but I'm a noob when it comes to M3...

I'm using 1.3.1 patch and Ballistic v. 1.1, both downloaded from The Tain.

Any help will be appreciated.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Myth 3 - editing solo maps in Ballistic

Post by Pyro »

It is not a stupid or simple question. Not many people have messed with Myth3 and even less actually would know how to answer that question. As far as I know, you need to make some sort of myth2 version of the map using myth2 markers for units and so on. There is no script editor for Myth3. Myth2 tools would be needed, but this is something I have not messed with myself. Maybe others know more on the topic.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Pyro wrote:It is not a stupid or simple question. Not many people have messed with Myth3 and even less actually would know how to answer that question. As far as I know, you need to make some sort of myth2 version of the map using myth2 markers for units and so on. There is no script editor for Myth3. Myth2 tools would be needed, but this is something I have not messed with myself. Maybe others know more on the topic.
From what I have heard, to edit any type of scripting, you need a hacked version of PC Loathing, which can be found on the tain.

Beyond that, learning Ballistic can be a royal pain, just try things. :)
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Thanks guys, and yeah, I've already know that scripting for M3 is kinda tricky... anyway, if I only want to add a few additional units to the map and play it, how do I do that? Is this also so complicated?
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

all Guys,

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/h ... ng-windows

I appreciate this question, I would make another similar, is about "Haxor Loathing (Windows)" for Myth 3.
is not running, show me this log :

02.22.112 10:27:02 loathing External Debug running under WinNT ----------------------------------------------
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM

my windows is XP, and My game Myth 3 is running normally, why this does not run loathing haxor ???
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

No way that no one can add some units to the M3 map :wink: