Few mapmaking questions about units

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Gleep

Few mapmaking questions about units

Post by Gleep »

What causes Myth to crash with too many players in coop? Unit type color indices?

Do color permutations or loading a unit twice in Loathing affect that?

How many units can you group in a tag in Loathing?
fildred13

Re: Few mapmaking questions about units

Post by fildred13 »

I don't know about that crashing business, but what exactly are you asking about grouping units in a tag in loathing? Be a little more specific about what you mean about "grouping."
Gaming Rig: $2000
Apple Cinema Display:$1000
Using for 90% mything: priceless
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

By grouping I mean how many monsters can you select in test unit or control unit action.
fildred13

Post by fildred13 »

hrm, I never bothered to test it and see when it breaks. The map I am working on now has a TUNI that tests for huge numbers of units (I want to say it has successfully tested for over about 300 units in one go...hard to say since the number of units in the TUNI changes with time) Same for objects, in case that is the same deal. You can test hundreds of objects or units against a set of conditions without busting anything as far as I have seen.
Gaming Rig: $2000
Apple Cinema Display:$1000
Using for 90% mything: priceless
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

More than a hundred. Might be less for the more complex actions, but more than a hundred for TUNI and CTRL and ATTA and stuff.

Also, I'm pretty sure units that aren't currently visible don't even count. So, supposing the limit was 100 monsters (which it isn't), you could have 500 monsters tied into a Link as long as only 100 of them are visible at any given time. Or maybe it's just that the limit is 500. I've definitely had Links that big, made up of 10 or so containers.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Ok thanks, I'm only getting to 150 max.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

haha, only? That's 3/8 of the units you can have visible at once. Pretty impressive. You can encompass every unit on the map with three copies of the same script running at once--if it's just a matter of some TUNIs and CTRLs, not a big deal at all.