cutscenes + narrations for multiplayer coop

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
0wca

cutscenes + narrations for multiplayer coop

Post by 0wca »

Hello,

I have a question: is it possible to make a plugin or custom map of sorts so that coop campaign missions play cutscenes and the narration screens at the beginning of each map?

I know this question was probably asked before, but I still haven't found any solution to this..

If you guys could just point me in the right direction, either with tips on how to achieve this in F&L?

I would really like to see this done, because I would like to play coop with a friend with the movies and narrations enabled since they contribute so much to the story and atmosphere (he hasn't played the game before), not to mention a great feeling of nostalgia :D

Cheers,

0wca
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: cutscenes + narrations for multiplayer coop

Post by Pyro »

It can't be done unless it becomes a new feature in a future Myth2 update. At one point there was talk of making it happen, but it wasn't set in stone so who knows. Even if it were to get added, the update won't be ready for some time.

So for now, just load the map in solo to watch that stuff. Sure it is more clicks, but its the only way at the moment.
Tireces

Re: cutscenes + narrations for multiplayer coop

Post by Tireces »

Such update in a futere would be rly great.

Owca, you can use this plugin for coop play - http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/myth-ii-narrated - it only plays narrations (no pictures or cutscenes ) but its always something.
"As long as a single one of us stands..."