Map Crashes to Main Menu

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
TheKGB

Map Crashes to Main Menu

Post by TheKGB »

Hey, I've been working on a map that is quite large (2016X2016?) and has a lot of units (probably over 400). But Whenever I try to test run it it just crashes to the main menu of myth.

I've made maps before, and never had any real problems. What could be the issue here? Everything looks to be in order, but I don't know.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Map Crashes to Main Menu

Post by Pyro »

Run the map, then when it fails to load close Myth2. Go find the "myth_log" text file located inside your Myth II folder. It might have information on why the map failed to load. Keep in mind, that file gets overwritten each time you open up Myth2, Fear, or Loathing. So open the log before opening any of those again. Copy/paste the contents to a new post here and we might be able to know what went wrong.
TheKGB

Post by TheKGB »

Heres the contents of that file:

2011-11-25 18:50:32
Myth II Build 374 running under Modern Windows 5.010000 ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
Error: Data Corrupted in .\Myth2Code\tag_files\tag_files.c, line #3552: the monolithic file 'plugins\Icon_' has no header
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
GeForce 9500 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW! | NVIDIA Corporation | OpenGL 3.3
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
INFO: set process affinity mask to 0x00000003
Error: Data Corrupted in .\Myth2Code\tag_files\tag_files.c, line #3552: the monolithic file 'plugins\Icon_' has no header
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch MariusNet
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Patch 1.7 Templates
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue'.
Running OpenGL at 1280 x 1024
Starting mesh "Plains of Snow"...
Using 1.7.2 gameplay...
OpenGL: initialized with ErasePreviousFrame=0, Use32BitTextures=1, UseAppleClientStorage=1, UseDepthTest=1, UseShaders=1, UpdateCMapChunked=1
Error: Array Out of Bounds in .\Myth2Code\shapes.c, line #1210: sequence #0 not in [#0,#0) for "00plainsofsnow" collection
Error: Array Out of Bounds in .\Myth2Code\overhead_map.c, line #1816: sequence #0 not found in overhead map collection
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue'.
Closing Myth.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Seems there is something wrong with the "00plainsofsnow" collection tag. Or maybe not that tag itself but another one that has something selected from that collection that has since been removed or modified.

Can this map be loaded in Loathing? Open the mesh tag in Fear and see what it has selected for "Overhead Map". Or is that "00plainsofsnow" collection tag the overhead map itself?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

An overhead error won't crash the map. I'm suspecting the collection tag listed is the colourmap itself. Some sort of mesh mismatch or something pointing to an old version of the cmap perhaps.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Yeah I know, but he should still check out that overhead error in case its something easily fixable. I was trying to troubleshoot both error messages in one shot.
TheKGB

Post by TheKGB »

I'm pretty sure the mesh and the overhead map are named the same thing.

Opens in loathing perfectly fine. I changed the name of the overhead map and am looking at if that fixes it
TheKGB

Post by TheKGB »

I've figured it! Because I had named the overhead map the same thing as the coulormap was named (i didn't know) it was referencing that instead. I reimported the coulormap and everything is working afaik. Thanks guys!