have issues, sound limit?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Gleep

have issues, sound limit?

Post by Gleep »

Running into what I think is a limit overrun error. Projectiles are not doing damage.

What is the limit of sounds for Myth? I know in Loathing ambient sounds is 8/64, but I have over 100 sounds probably.

My map actions are 745/1024 and MA params size is 58852/70000, but I haven't added anything there lately, but I will go in and shorten MA names later to see if that helps.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: have issues, sound limit?

Post by Pyro »

I can't see how a sound limit being reached could make projectiles stop doing damage. Something else is going on. How about you zip up the local folder and send me a link. Maybe I can spot something that can explain your issues.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Pyro wrote:I can't see how a sound limit being reached could make projectiles stop doing damage. Something else is going on. How about you zip up the local folder and send me a link. Maybe I can spot something that can explain your issues.
Thanks Pyro, if shortening MAs doesn't help I'll do that. I think it may be the MA though.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Shortening map action names won't help. It doesn't work that way. Either a limit is being reached, or the attack/projectile was not being set up correctly and is not detonating or promoting like you thought it would.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Ok, so I found my problem. I had the projectile promoting on detonation and didn't know that this prevented it from doing damage. Was trying to setup a chain attack and had it working just using prgr detonations, but I got too fancy. Had another attack doing the same thing and thought I broke Myth.

I'm still curious on what the sound limit is though.