Respawning Waves

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Korialstrasz

Re: Respawning Waves

Post by Korialstrasz »

Hello... I have seen about the Haxor Loathing for Myth 3, and I can't use it, not having Myth 2... I fear it would be too complex for me anyway... I'd have so much liked to get maps with hundreds of units to start a huge melee battle, to have duels against specific units, having a single and unkillable unit kill every other type of units and buildings in the game, stuff like that,... I did things like this in several other strategy games (Warcraft III, Starcraft I and 2, W40K Dawn of War,...).
Last edited by Korialstrasz on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fildred13

Post by fildred13 »

Indeed.
Gaming Rig: $2000
Apple Cinema Display:$1000
Using for 90% mything: priceless
Korialstrasz

Post by Korialstrasz »

Well, if some of you, on this site, manage to make some nice maps, I'd be interested to see what it is about and maybe try them :)
I remember I had also tried in several games something like having a few big and giant units facing a sea of little and weak units, then the giant ones would squash the hundreds of weak, little enemies... on Myth 3 that would be, maybe, some iron Trow warriors against I don't know how many zombies like those raised by the Watcher in the 22th level or the myrkridian necromancer in the 4th level. I'll let you imagine the result... :p
jeazinii

Post by jeazinii »

fildred13 wrote:I am flattered, but I am here to report an issue.

Upon further testing, I -SORT OF- recycled the PLMO. The units don't follow the waypoints, they just go to the last one. They still react to enemies as if they were a platoon, and they get to the same place in the end, but they don't march along the way points and interpolate and all that jazz. It is like a glorified movement action with one waypoint. Or a dumbed down PLMO. Whichever way you want to look at it.
I've been looking through the forums trying to find a way to resolve this same issue, and I'm not sure if it's because it was fixed in 1.8, but I've been testing this and the munger method used by fildred13 works fine for me--my platoon still goes through all the waypoints after using the same munger method outlined after having completed a platoon movement and respawning (and not just the last one as seemed to be the problem for fildred13). Not sure why this is different for me.

Also, I've been messing around with the reboot action that was introduced in 1.8, and can't get it to work with platoons. I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong, or whether it's just the same old problem of platoons being difficult to recycle after completion.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

jeazinii wrote:Also, I've been messing around with the reboot action that was introduced in 1.8, and can't get it to work with platoons. I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong, or whether it's just the same old problem of platoons being difficult to recycle after completion.
I think the reboot just doesn't work for platoons -- I've tried it as well. Unless you're making a Mazz-scale coop, it's generally just simpler to duplicate units and script more platoons than it is to bash your head against the Myth engine in the hope of curing the problem.