Changing Platoon orders

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
fildred13

Changing Platoon orders

Post by fildred13 »

Is there any easy way to have a platoon initially undergoing a platoon move to end that platoon move, and then enter into a new platoon move? As of now, I declare the platoon and have them move to point A, then I end that action and declare the same group of units as a new platoon, and have them patrol between A and B with a new platoon move. Is there a more graceful way to handle this?
Gaming Rig: $2000
Apple Cinema Display:$1000
Using for 90% mything: priceless
Graydon

Re: Changing Platoon orders

Post by Graydon »

Mungers are the most logical way to handle what you want. A Munger action can basically take any subject action and then alter parameters of that action. So in this case you want to edit the Platoon Movement waypoints.

Take a look at A-Red's Advanced Scripting tutorial on the tain, it goes in depth with examples of how to use mungers. What you're doing is a fairly simple application of the MUNG so I highly recommend giving it a go. Don't let Ares scare you, it doesn't do 'weird things' to computers, at least certainly never to either of us.
fildred13

Re: Changing Platoon orders

Post by fildred13 »

I should've thought of that, thanks. I've read the tutorial before, and yes his description of the munger is...ostentatious.

Btw, the flag was as simple as dechecking "netgame object."
Gaming Rig: $2000
Apple Cinema Display:$1000
Using for 90% mything: priceless