Question about Tool Tahoe.

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
juliocpaes

Question about Tool Tahoe.

Post by juliocpaes »

Hello all,

About Tool Tahoe.

I can replace the *color images to "pregame" but for "postgame" I can not color, is all monochrome. Why ? What is Adobe Color Table? (ACT format)?

* bitmap 256 - 8bits.

thanks.
Graydon

Re: Question about Tool Tahoe.

Post by Graydon »

Before we can explain the answer to "Why?" you need to answer this: What image editing software are you using to make your postgame images? And if you are not making/editing/saving your own files, where are you getting them from?

As for "What is ACT?", it is simply a file format for a colour table file. CLUT is another extension for the same file type. This is similar to how an image file can be saved in JPG, PCT, BMP, GIF etc.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Dear Graydon,

Thanks for the reply.

I use is the "Paint.Net - Free Sofware for digitial photos Editng".

I pick a color image, and saved in bitmap 256 (8bits) and replace on an image "pregame" (this tool in Tahoe). ok. all right.
But doing the same process for "postgame" does not work, it's everything dark. it seems that "postgame" work only monochrome, color does not permit.

You understand my doubt? My PC is windows XP ... I do not original editor of "Pregame & Postgame," then I try to edit using tool tahoe.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Hey .....

AmberVersion: 2 | Author: Vista | tfl,sb | mapmaking | editor | mac | (OS 9)
Download links: udogs SB tools | udogs macintosh map editing tool archive | link #3

The TFL version description: "Amber is meant to parse and display the contents of a .256 tag plugin file, to extract and insert the color table(s), and to display, extract and insert (replace) the bitmaps in the tag. Bitmaps are exported to and inserted from .raw or .bmp format."
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Pregames and postgames can use color. You just need to replace their color table with the one of your new images.