Predator Unit?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
rifthead

Predator Unit?

Post by rifthead »

Looking through the Deadfall tags I found a couple of interesting tags that grabbed my attention. The main one was an empty collection reference tag for 'Predator'...has someone made a predator collection? Is there a working predator unit in any tagset/map? I'd love to get my hands on a predator unit/collection!

On a side note, has anyone made an Aliens VS Predator tagset for Myth? I know about ADT (and spent many a good hour of my youth blasting xenomorphs through it). If not, I think I'd like to take a crack at it.
GizmoHB

Re: Predator Unit?

Post by GizmoHB »

hmm I'm not sure, I do know that there is a free predator 3D model available online at:

http://www.scifi3d.com/details.asp?intG ... 28&key=559

should help you get started, good luck...

...Giz
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

The Deadfall tags are modified Quarantine tags, which are in turn, modified ADT tags. I know Zeph was making a Predator unit at some point.... He did post at least one screen, which seems to be a dead link at this point.

You could ask him, not sure what happened with that.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... s/pred.zip

extract to local folder and load a single player map with dwarves

I don't remember what it looks like, but I know for a fact that it's not finished at all!

I may finish it eventually!
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Zeph wrote:http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... s/pred.zip

extract to local folder and load a single player map with dwarves

I don't remember what it looks like, but I know for a fact that it's not finished at all!

I may finish it eventually!
Zeph,

I tested this new unit "predator" is very cool. very good.
hey ... is lacking the "Dutch." (Arnold Schwarzenegger) :D :D
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

Stick around
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

I like it. Any chance of making 2 units based on it, one with a mask and one without?

Also, while so many of my myth dreams are coming true (I've been wanting a predator unit in the game since about 2000) has anyone made a high-res Alien sprite?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

rifthead wrote:I like it. Any chance of making 2 units based on it, one with a mask and one without?

Also, while so many of my myth dreams are coming true (I've been wanting a predator unit in the game since about 2000) has anyone made a high-res Alien sprite?
No, but it could be made, if you have a copy of cinema4D, and the know how, I can link you ADT's 3D model.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

predator model was free on the net so anyone can go ahead and make a predator unit...