"Barbarian Forge" /&/ "Kridian Hollows" *Super Teaser* +OD

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
BambooStew22

"Barbarian Forge" /&/ "Kridian Hollows" *Super Teaser* +OD

Post by BambooStew22 »

"Barbarian Forge"=

" Some say The Fallen Lord, Shiver, marked him, once Hrungnir of a Thousand Battles, with a great curse of chaos during his capture. Twelve Motion Jeweled Skull spoke of the agony one must indure during such a ritual. Five of our men rose and left the fire in disgust...

This burden left a man blind but feircely strong with a constant rage and lusting thirst for blood that burns in the very bones... any other soul, even an adept Heron, would perish in mear moments under such dark enchantments... but Hrungnir... perhaps Shiver knew this... or perhaps the rage of over a thousand battles through his eyes harnessed by the twisted sigils of The Dark Gods forbodes an incarnation of an evil more pure than we have ever seen...

For nine years now he has traveled across the untamed lands rallying brigands, barbarians, and worse of all many a great necromancer have join beneath his blood stained flag, and now he returns... word of his warbands razing villages accross the provence of Gower have even reached the ear of the Legion and mighty Muirthemne... yet they squable in political disaray after the assassination of King Alric...so we are left alone to bear the defense and hope of our fair people... I fear all of this is mearly a dark omen to what is yet to unfold... Regaurdless I know my duty to my lands and to my people... I just recieved message from the council: they send aide... may they not be too late for we must stop this evil here! "

~Tyr of the Singing Sword

... so yeah Tyr is a Berzerk legend... his sword actually sounds badfuggin arse
I made him the hero unit becuz 4 wat ever reason every time I play Myth he happens to be the one that survivin 5 on 1 duels and double explosives or somehow gettin 40 sumodd kills- its my Myth inside joke... along with= I name my warriors after me and my friends and just mellee and laugh to find that I dont survive the battle but the warrior I named after my friends girlfriend has 8 kills- dats quality humor I dont care who you are... anyway:

*so this map is set at the very edge of the mountain range south of gower... I just love mountains- maybe its cuz Im an ametuer free climber or just how badass the cloudspine is
*you will have hardly any forces- you must assault and assassinate Hrungnir (only tyr can take him on) hense the movie poster title art :mrgreen:
*you will have to dodge warbands patroling the map as you assault fortifications contructed by the barbarian hordes (wood, spikes, fences, barrels, walls, etc)
*New Unit Sets (modified originals, but trust me- will be interesting and a whole new dynamic to the strategies youll have to fight and that you can use)
Attachments
Confrontation Between "Hrungnir Bloodwalker, the Slayer of Heroes" & "Tyr of the Singing Sword"... East of the cloudspine as it tapers off to the Barrier and the Twelve Duns
Confrontation Between "Hrungnir Bloodwalker, the Slayer of Heroes" & "Tyr of the Singing Sword"... East of the cloudspine as it tapers off to the Barrier and the Twelve Duns
BF small.jpg (236.23 KiB) Viewed 4138 times
BambooStew22

Re: "Barbarian Forge" /&/ "Kridian Hollows" *Super Teaser*

Post by BambooStew22 »

ps- I no the typo between the locations of the caption and in the post... the picture was added actually before I made an across town trip and got all drunk n stuff... so my off the top of the head knowledge of the Myth Map is bad... i so sowwie pweez fogeev (its south of gower)
BambooStew22

Post by BambooStew22 »

"Kridian Hollows"= 1st thing Ima say... this is a level YOU CANNOT WIN-... you will just want to save and share your videos to brag about how far you got or how wat your final KD ratio is...

The premise is kinda simple... A scouting patrol "gets lost" in the dire marsh... they are accompanied by a captain and a magi... technically the magi knows its a secret mission to find the eye of the clan lord... (suicide mission* caugh)

Well they come to find that the Myrkridia that diluted to the wilderness after the death of Soulblighter have had quite a cozzy living style preying on traveling merchants and wayward peasants... and purdy much have been fucking like god damn bunnies...

instead of trails... paths are paved with skulls of the devoured as monuments and totems of deathly piles claw at the very horizon... the kridia literally spawn from bushes and the swamps and the piles of carcuses and... your formations will mean nothing... your knowledge of tact and use of terrain will mean nothing... you will be witled away as clusters of your units fall more and more by each ambush as you push deeper into the mire in frantic search for what can never be found--

My goal is to create the darkest and most brutal unbeatable uber fun survival horror that Myth can produce.. but if you manage too win :wink: :wink: ur an MFin Badass

*you must find the eye of the clan lord and escape with the Magi Unit Alive- not happening lol but if you do?!= hot dog!
Attachments
Kridian Hollows... Imagin starin at that...ur fucked dats all I can say... proper fucked!
Kridian Hollows... Imagin starin at that...ur fucked dats all I can say... proper fucked!
KH small.jpg (206.22 KiB) Viewed 4135 times
BambooStew22

Post by BambooStew22 »

SPIRITLESS ICE will be released first (Very very soon)

Then Barbarian Forge and Kridian Hollows will be close behind-

ThreeTigerSilverWind

Post by ThreeTigerSilverWind »

BambooStew22 wrote:SPIRITLESS ICE will be released first (Very very soon)

Then Barbarian Forge and Kridian Hollows will be close behind-

Stew--
Looking forward to your plugins.
BambooStew22

Post by BambooStew22 »

I didnt wanna talk about his yet... but you guys asked and it would be rude sense you asked so politely...

Grand Eclusiarch of the Avatar, Crovaxcious Frueir

Feirce and Angry Voice of a man who rarely bears such emotion"...The Senate squables these crucial moments of planning to concern itself with whom is to take the crown after the assassination of King Alric!? While our streets and countryside are in anarchy!? While a titanic battle rages in the stars that few are aware of!?"

Sir Barenet ::: "My lord>???"

"... Culweh the Deamon of Pestilence has shackled Nyx to his will and will beckon the remaining Dark Gods from their slumber to rise against our great Father Wyrd... soon he will be overcome... our skies will blacken... our cities will fall... deamons of ancient times will plague our fields... and our fate, the fate of all men, will lie in one..."

I give you... MYTH II: One Dream

You are Gerrard a conscript of the legion who seems to have a knack for attracting trouble... lol as your unit is ambushed in a storm by what you thought was a simple lightning strike... you are blasted off a cliff and fall into the river to be swept away to sea... a journey man finds you battered on the beach and tends to your wounds... you awake to find him and a mute fir'bolg companion of his... he sends you and his fir'bolg companion on your first mission... all hell breaks loose and you find out it really was a HighLord Priestess of the Fetch who ambushed you and your squad... this Fetch, angry with the loss of potential freedom from this realm (the pact with soulblighter) traveled across the untamed lands gathering up dark worshipers of Culweh, Brigands and barbarians (such as Hrungnir) while collecting dark artifacts to feed her lust for carnage to man...

You must quest across the world of myth in search of the Rune Stones (shattered Remnants of Wyrds "One Dream" that created the life of nature and man) ... expect MAD MAD SHIT... for ex: warrior units can pick up sword or shield items... to either tailor your army to higher attack power or higher defense power... maybe you want 6 of each or maybe just 12 defensive warriors... also Gerrard will have a shield block ability for solo work on sorcerors... you will have to time when to block to divert fire balls and other projectiles... the goal is to create a completely new dynamic to how the units in the game interact... dats it my lips are sealed... no more for now :mrgreen:

EPIC PROPORTIONS!!!!!
Attachments
Myth II: One Dream....   my full conversion of Myth... a questing based adventure
Myth II: One Dream.... my full conversion of Myth... a questing based adventure
One Dream small.jpg (253.95 KiB) Viewed 4132 times
BambooStew22

Post by BambooStew22 »

lol- Dude "Three Tiger Silver Wind" can I use that in "One Dream" for one of my Legendary Heron Guard Heroes whom dat back to the near birth of the Cath Bruig... theres gonna be 5 (each wit a slightly different application... with that being said... any specific way you would prefer to see Silver Wind's attributes? if you allow me the use of said "NAME")
ThreeTigerSilverWind

BambooStew22 wrote:lol- Dude "Three Tiger Silver Wind" can I use that in "One Dream" for one of my Legendary Heron Guard Heroes whom dat back to the near birth of the Cath Bruig... theres gonna be 5 (each wit a slightly different application... with that being said... any specific way you would prefer to see Silver Wind's attributes? if you allow me the use of said "NAME")
LOL. I came up with the name when I first joined, but I would choose a different one now. But of course you are free to use it.

I think the name would only work if the Heron is wearing silver armor and he moves so fast that his enemies only see a silver "wind" before they are cut down. That was the idea, but seems pretty silly now since nothing moves that fast in Myth.

If you're looking for names for Legendary Heron Guard Heroes, I also recommend the names of the two heroes from canonical Myth. So here are my suggestions:

Three Tiger Motion Wind
Five Motion Bloody Jaguar
Eight Pride Stalking Rabbit

EDIT: I would also recommend that these Heron Heroes attack much faster than normal Herons. If you have access to Oak, you can modify the Heron Guard collection so that they attack in 5 or 6 ticks rather than the default 10 ticks. They look awesome when their attacks are that much faster. I have a modified collection (6 ticks per attack), but I'm not sure how to post it for you to download, if you're interested.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

You've gotten my attention.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
BambooStew22

Post by BambooStew22 »

Jon God- You have no idea man... I wanna make a map that in the narration your band of heroes is swallowed by a giant putrid worm creature... and the level is inside of him so I can use the most gnarly grotesque fleshy nervous system wild ass textures and weird use of water medias... hehehehehe- navigating dismal bowels to cut your way threw the beast... and start the next level aside a mountain of a worm with its guts pouring out to make a small lake :twisted:
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I think I will need to see this to believe it.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

I can't say anything yet about your plugins but even if they are half as good as your artwork ability then I can hardly wait.
BambooStew22

Post by BambooStew22 »

Three Tiger- perhaps i'll alter the collection further and do a faded/dissolved wind effect on top of his movement animations (or make a new one for his charge) that way with a boosted movement speed his feet wont look like a tiny dog's but like a faded silhouette of a heron guard within silver wind --- dat might look sweet

Jon God- i take that as a challenge to make you believe! ( anyone remember "Super Ghouls n Ghosts"? )

Godzfire- thats kinda how it started... I was just bored ; dickin' around ; making fan art when I was like= "why don't i just make a color map" ... so I birthed "Spiritless Ice"

*caugh *caugh... ive been rippin Diablo Sprites... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:
ThreeTigerSilverWind

BambooStew22 wrote:Three Tiger- perhaps i'll alter the collection further and do a faded/dissolved wind effect on top of his movement animations (or make a new one for his charge) that way with a boosted movement speed his feet wont look like a tiny dog's but like a faded silhouette of a heron guard within silver wind --- dat might look sweet.
That sounds good Stew.

I once gave my Heron Hero a charging ability by creating a new Run sequence that had 1/2 the number of ticks than the default run sequence, but it didn't look very cool at all--the way his feet scurried along, they probably did look like a tiny dog's feet when it tries to run.

Using a wind effect in conjunction with the charging ability sounds a lot cooler.
BambooStew22

Post by BambooStew22 »

Barbarian Forge will be completed here shortly!!!