Seeking Partnership: Earn Creative Credit

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
red_engine

Seeking Partnership: Earn Creative Credit

Post by red_engine »

Hello Map Makers & aspiring Map Makers,

You all may refer to me as "Red" - I am an M2 lover through and through and have recently drawn up a map design that I would like to have brought to life. Because my Map Making knowledge is minimal, I am unable to execute the design myself. I also do not have the time to acquire the skills necessary to do so. I want to retain original M2 unit sets, so this project won't involve any unit creation - only terrain. I guarantee you that this will be worth your time, as the idea is one of a kind.

You will be credited for your work!

Best Regards,

Red Engine
Graydon

Re: Seeking Partnership: Earn Creative Credit

Post by Graydon »

So you're only looking for a colourmap and the associated displacement and terrain maps? This sort of piques my interest.

Are you going to divulge any more details? You'll be more likely to lure people in with information on these one of a kind goods. :)
red_engine

Post by red_engine »

Hi Graydon,

I am only looking for someone to produce the Color Map, Displacement Map, etc. I have a Photoshop sketch of what I would like done, it will act as a foundation for whoever takes on this task. Without giving the entirety of the idea away, I will say that it is a concept of a land torn between good and evil. Each section of the map entails fantasy-driven terrain, etc. I hope this helps!
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I'll make a note that since M2 is still using 8bit indexed images for the colourmaps, you can't have a huge variety in types of terrain, unless you go with some kind of global lighting scheme of night time (where everything would be toned in similiar dark blues and greys like Ermine or Murder of Crows). The problem is lots of different terrain environments will lead to too many colours being used overall. When you index, all the core colours to represent those areas are preserved, and all the little ones representing the details in those areas get removed and therefore lost. A beautiful looking 8bit colourmap will share a similar colour palette throughout the entire mesh, so that lots of colours can be shared when indexing down to 240 colours. This is something to keep in mind when sketching out your map. I'd be interested to see this sketch. Send me a PM if you want to keep everything quiet.
red_engine

Post by red_engine »

Graydon, I sent you a PM!
balor13

Post by balor13 »

hey red I can make you a color map send me a pm with the details I know you probably want to use graydon`s but I would just like to see the design

P.S is datax still an active user
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

balor13 wrote:hey red I can make you a color map send me a pm with the details I know you probably want to use graydon`s but I would just like to see the design

P.S is datax still an active user
Datax is still active? link me to his mnet login?
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

it was a question.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yeah it was a question, there is an "is" after "P.S". So I would think the answer is no, he is not active.