Sounds for attacks

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
rifthead

Sounds for attacks

Post by rifthead »

Quick, possibly newbie question;
How do I change the sound effects for attacks? Say I want to turn a Green Berets M16 Shot into a suppressed shot...how would I alter the gunshot sound effect from its normal, loud variant, into a different sound effect? I've checked both the monster tags and the projectile tags, but can't find where it links to the sound tags.
Graydon

Re: Sounds for attacks

Post by Graydon »

Many of those little effect sounds are integrated into and called upon by the collection itself. You need to use Amber (macos9) or Oak (Universal, but in beta) to alter them. Usually it's the 'key sound' that you'd want to tweak.
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

Crap that's what I was afra....

Wait, what?! There's a collection editor for OSX that's universal?!!! HOLY ****!
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

oh what i meant by universal was that it's got available builds for both osx and windows :) Talk to Melekor.
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

You're still blowing my mind that I won't need Amber any more to edit collections in Myth...I had no idea another option was available (or in the pipeline, as it may be). I had given up on the idea of editing new collections because I don't have access to Classic anymore.
balor13

Post by balor13 »

try altering the rebound or flight boxes in the proj window or try changing the pitch or volume in the sound tag
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

you can edit the sounds also using this program:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/ambience-pc
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.