heals not using charge...

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Point

heals not using charge...

Post by Point »

fear masters...

any thoughts on how to solve heal pickups only using charges when used to heal other units... not using any heals when used on self...

pyro put me on a trail to mazz stuff though I still haven't found the exact cause... :)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: heals not using charge...

Post by Pyro »

Wait what? I thought you described something else. Point, it is hard to help someone who makes little sense sometimes. Believe it or not but punctuation helps, too.

So you want an artifact that has an attack that uses charges when used on others but unlimited when used on the owner of the attack?
ozone

Post by ozone »

I think he is saying:

Charges are not being subtracted when used on self but are when used on another unit.
He doesn't want this to happen.
do it.
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

It is a healing artifact that has charges, but will not use up a charge when the unit heals itself. The charge is used up when you heal another unit. So basically you have infinite heals to self, but lose it when heal another unit.

This is a "feature" in a couple plugins, my heroquest, jagmans myth+, and line of fire, etc

I looked through the tags pretty good, could not find a solution. My best guess so far is that the artifact charges simply not designed for healing, or there is a bug somewhere
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

That is what I thought Point said at first over at the hotline. I told him this same issue was dealt with in Mazz with the Paladin's Teleheal attack. Place a Paladin in some test map and add the artifact for teleheal and use it. Then dissect it.
Point

Post by Point »

i looked into the mazz heals.... so far no luck it doesn't seem to be the artifact settings itself... somewhere in healing tags maybe... a bug, a conflict, or something. :)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Well can't be that hard to figure out. If it has a working example, it should be easy to reverse engineer to work with your healing attack.