Quick ???--> how do I change the main menu image in MythII

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
BambooStew22

Quick ???--> how do I change the main menu image in MythII

Post by BambooStew22 »

???--> how do I change the main menu image in MythII
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Quick ???--> how do I change the main menu image in Myth

Post by Pyro »

Thinking about making a new custom interface? Using Oak select "foundation". You can find the collection tag called "Internal Main Menu 640x480" which contains the images that make up the main menu including the background.
BambooStew22

Post by BambooStew22 »

thanks friend!--> I am indeed designing a custom interface... I just finished some of the art for it last night (2am) lol {an artist's best works are when he is between waking and dreaming}

They are fuckin beautiful and so rugged and mystical at the same time, I can't wait to get them in MythII-- I also started color mapping and I must say I am rather impressed with my exploits thus far! (map=somewhere inbetween 7gates and bagrada-ruined outposts litter the mountain side left from the great war) I am making a solo campaign set after chimera in the very dark and dismal lands of Myth after the fall (yet again) of the Cath Burig by the barbarian hordes from beyond the untamed lands set in motion by a foul & unknown hand; whom have sprouted cults of necromancy following the destructive ways of the great "Bah'al"= all lands east of the cloudspine are considered lost and extremely dangerous to all travelers, and with the west under constant attack, the legion must stretch toward the lost lands of Myth to collect ancient artifacts in their quest to battle the rise of necromancy once again... of course this will take FOREVA!!! so I'm considering either releasing a 2-3 level spoiler or a multiplayer map to get the community hyped up for it... whats your take on this Pyro???
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

There are always players that would want to get their hands on new solo/coop maps. However, the existing mapmakers tend to be busy working on their own projects. Meaning, you will be mostly on your own unless you get other new mapmakers to join your cause.

Since a long campaign will take you really long, it would be a good idea to just make a few good levels (1-3). Then just work on the next ones and so forth if you really want.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I always liked the "Coming of the Dark" series, and the idea that each level of the story would come one at a time in installments. By the time people had cooped the map the point they were somewhat tired of it, or had the scripts all figured out, a new one would come along. Taking that approach in a solo project will at least guarantee you get some maps completed and published. If you really feel your colourmapping skills are up to snuff, designing a small FFA multi map doesn't take a huge time investment, and could tease and show the potential of the art to come. But then push on to the 1 level installments of the campaign. My 2c.
BambooStew22

Post by BambooStew22 »

well put Graydon... I shall commit!- I wanna give more than one map at a time though :twisted:

I got 3 maps in my bag right now that I am fine tuning- but I want to have 5 titanic battle fields in the first release: 3-4 Solo 1-2 Multi
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Graydon wrote:I always liked the "Coming of the Dark" series, and the idea that each level of the story would come one at a time in installments. By the time people had cooped the map the point they were somewhat tired of it, or had the scripts all figured out, a new one would come along. Taking that approach in a solo project will at least guarantee you get some maps completed and published. If you really feel your colourmapping skills are up to snuff, designing a small FFA multi map doesn't take a huge time investment, and could tease and show the potential of the art to come. But then push on to the 1 level installments of the campaign. My 2c.
Graydon,

ah cool ! you have this map in single player solo. berserk killing the Myrmidon?
you could post the exact link ?
the battle amidst the columns with the Myrmidon, and running down the dark beamed structure, slicing down the thrall on either side?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

http://mirrors.orderofhpak.com/Creation ... oD/CoD.php

It looks like the map you're after is Whispers of the Wind Age, however I've never seen this in my long years of mything... I think it may have never been released sadly.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Gray,

where'd you get info about "Whispers of the Wind age"? I don't have any recollection of that and can't find anything about it in any of my files.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

If you click in the link for that map it gives information for it. I think that is what you meant.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Aye I'd totally heard of that CoD map before, but never any solid details. I think seeing it on that mirror is the first I've ever seen of it, despite frequenting the Creation site back in the day when it was still live. I recall hearing about the map but never seeing any preview screens or anything like what's posted on Baak's mirror.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

oh that's too funny, i have the same exact Creation site mirrored at mything.org, just never noticed that link/page.
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

you might also need MythII Dialog Editor, if you plan to do more than just change the background graphic...

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... log-editor

...Giz
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

can't find anything definitive on "Whispers of the Wind Age"

i found this over on the carnage.bungie.net forums that mentions it being abandoned. but then I noticed the reply by the mapmaker mentioned 'discordia' who says the project that was abandoned was a DIFFERENT project called ''Shadows of the Sword Age"

http://carnage.bungie.org/myth/asylum/a ... read=12352
Re: Obscure Myth Thins

Posted By: Discordia (cx312661-a.santab1.ca.home.com)
Date: 7/19/2001 at 3:33 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Obscure Myth Thins (Lord Raven)

: I assume you are reffering to Whispers of the Wind Age?
: Discordia picked it up for a while, but I think he
: also abandoned it. Too bad, it sounded pretty cool.
: The only advice I can give is to grab a copy of GURPS, it
: is some very cool stuff.

Actually shadows of the sword age was the one where you went into the catacombs.

-Disc
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

*sigh* I was I knew where Discordia was these days. I've had no luck finding him. :-/