Plugin URL

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
fildred13

Plugin URL

Post by fildred13 »

I am uploading a multiplayer map to the Tain now. It is my first time, so newb question: Where/how do I specify the plug URL so that when I host a game other people can try to join and they can click that handy link that takes them right to the tain download page? There is an option in the mesh and there is an option on The Tain upload form. Once the plug is accepted, do I take that URL and copy and paste it somewhere?

thanks,
~fildred13
Gaming Rig: $2000
Apple Cinema Display:$1000
Using for 90% mything: priceless
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Plugin URL

Post by Pyro »

The URL field in the plugin is just a way to show text. It was the old way of letting people know where to download or give other useful information. The button people see when they try to join a red game will only take them to the Tain. It checks to see if the plugin is located there and if it is, opens up a browser to that page automatically. You do not have to do anything.

The field you mentioned when uploading to the Tain is meant for downloading the plugin from a different location, for example if you had it on the udogs hotline and don't want to upload it. You could just have the Tain download it from udogs and that is all.
fildred13

Re: Plugin URL

Post by fildred13 »

cool thanks :)
Gaming Rig: $2000
Apple Cinema Display:$1000
Using for 90% mything: priceless