The Deceiver's Conversion

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
fildred13

The Deceiver's Conversion

Post by fildred13 »

I've been working on alot of units lately, and that has got me looking a lot at Fear. On the Soulblighter level "The Tain Shard" (I believe, I'm talking about the one where you are looking for the shard of the tain in the forest) the Deceiver has a conversion effect. Where exactly, in fear, does that conversion take place? Is it the "damage type = charm?" I could find no loathing map actions related to his conversion (unless I missed it), so I assume the effect is somewhere in fear. Can anyone explain it to me? I'm trying to learn how fear works a little better so that my own units will be ... good. :)

Thanks!
~fildred13
Gaming Rig: $2000
Apple Cinema Display:$1000
Using for 90% mything: priceless
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: The Deceiver's Conversion

Post by Pyro »

fildred13 wrote:Is it the "damage type = charm?"
Yes. The attack has to do charm damage, does not matter the value as long as its higher than zero. The unit being charmed needs to have its object tag effect modifier for Confusion to be higher than 0.0 or it won't work (like some undead). The monster being charmed also has to have an entry in the team belonging to the charmer unit (The Deceiver), even if you don't add any of that unit from that team onto the mesh tag.

There is a way to use scripting to charm, but it is easier using the attack type instead of the script type. But in case you want to still know, just open Loathing and look for the Charm Target Flag parameter for the Attack map action. Then read its description. It never existed until Magma added it some versions back.
fildred13

Re: The Deceiver's Conversion

Post by fildred13 »

Cool, thanks Pyro.
Gaming Rig: $2000
Apple Cinema Display:$1000
Using for 90% mything: priceless