textures

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
balor13

textures

Post by balor13 »

Could someone please post the textures that bungie used for myth 2.
vinylrake

Re: textures

Post by vinylrake »

Do you mean the images/patterns that they used to create the color maps? Or the skins of the 3D models? Or something different?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I think he means the actual textures used in layers in the Bungie cmap PSDs.

What I can say is that the _original_ textures are gone. Long long ago. Whether they ever existed in community archives at some point at all is questionable in itself. However, if I'm recalling correctly, The Myth 2 Handbook had a big collection of textures... one of which is labeled Bungie Textures. Upon examination it appears someone took the time to cut out pieces from the finished cmaps, in localized areas unique to that texture. The pack is maybe 100 textures or thereabouts, but as a result of the method they were 'cut' out of the cmaps, they're not tilable. There's plenty of tutorials online on how to create a tilable texture out of something that isnt (in this case a bungie texture, but a photo would be another example).

I think there's a copy of the M2 Handbook on udogs hotline in someones folder..... JonGods?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

i have folder called 'bungie textures' (or something similar) which looks like the rough nature photos that were used as the _basis_ for textures - e.g. not tileable but not cut from maps - pictures of rocks, etc. unless i am misremembering.

here's a LIST of the contents of the M2 Handbook CD - http://mything.org/index.php?a=article- ... 0000002651

ps. if you ever run into anyone wanting to own the (physical book) Myth 2 Handbook, i have a few autographed copies so send them my way.