Need help getting a hold of Oak.

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Dasgiest

Need help getting a hold of Oak.

Post by Dasgiest »

Hello,

I am sorry to say that I gave up on Loathing for now and was not able to fix the crashing problem. I am also unable to find a usable copy of myth to do a fresh install. Since I can still edit my current project without issues I'm going to work on that in the mean time. If you think you can help with Loathing, please review the previous thread found here: http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... f=3&t=5407

In the mean time what I have been looking for is Oak. I need to make detailed textures and need to do it with something that actually supports it. I found the private page on Magma, which of course requires specific access in order to download from it. This is not a question of but how can I get it and who can help me? If you have any information, please let me know.

Thanks again,
Dasgiest
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Need help getting a hold of Oak.

Post by Melekor »

Added you to the private testers group. Go here: http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
Dasgiest

Post by Dasgiest »

Hey thanks. I should be able to get pretty far with this. I have one more request. Is there any kind of documentation that comes with or can be found about Oak? Other thank, Point, I don't know anyone who is efficient with it. Plus id like to be able to read about it as well.

Thanks again,
Das
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Go to the link to Oak, remove the last word in the URL to go up one directory above to the page that has a basic documentation for Oak. Since Oak is still in beta, somethings could still change and therefore there is no formal guide for it just yet, but that information should give you a good start. If you still have questions, just make a thread in the Private Testers forum section and someone will likely reply.
MindBrain

Post by MindBrain »

Melekor wrote:Added you to the private testers group. Go here: http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
Hey Melekor could you add me as a tester

Edit: Thanks for adding me Melekor
rastrent

Post by rastrent »

Hey Melekor,

Could you add me as a private tester? I found an old map of mine that I want to spruce up a bit.

Thanks!
cremisiii

Post by cremisiii »

if it helps i had the same problem with loathing crashing on me i am on win vista , i did two things first right click on loathing and make sure its running as admin , the other thing i did i changed the compatibility , you can run it under anyone xp or win98 . its stopped crashing on me now.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I think Loathing 1.7.2 won't need those workarounds.