resizing mesh.

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
cremisiii

resizing mesh.

Post by cremisiii »

I would like to resize the mesh i am working on to a smaller size . is there a way to do this without loosing the scenery work i did ? i know there is a resize mesh in loathing when you upload a smaller color map but the last time i messed around with that the results were catastrophic.
Point

Re: resizing mesh.

Post by Point »

yes you can resize the mesh though I have only had success doing this with certain versions of loathing i think it works in the mac 1.52 version though in that any map say 2560x2560 etc... goes past the old myth limits so it wouldnt work...

anyway what you can try to do is open with the current loathing build and if that doesnt work try a older version till it does..

way 1. have your new scale color map ready to import (indexed and divisible by 256 pixels... have the new displacement etc... ready as well then just replace the color map and all the other maps ... the first time round it might looked all jacked up though just save close loathing then reimport the color map again and should work... if the second time isnt a charm try for a third...

way 2. Make a new map the size you want then change the reference of your old mesh tag to the new mesh. this works great for maps the same size to carry over your scenery and setups... and maybe this will work with newer loathings

way 3 if none of those work hex editing can be tried to change the referenced collections.. in that you make a new map the size you want copy and paste its id's into the old maps code...

hopefully some one can add a sure fire way though these are 3 i have done in the past that worked to one degree or another. good luck
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
cremisiii

Re: resizing mesh.

Post by cremisiii »

thank you point i guess ill save my local and try those things and see if any work.