flags misplaced on over head

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
cremisiii

flags misplaced on over head

Post by cremisiii »

so i placed the fr and terriers flags on the color map but when i started the game they seem to be misplaced on the over head map even though on the color map they are in the right place , do i need to re upload my overhead map again or anyone have an idea what the problem is ?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: flags misplaced on over head

Post by Pyro »

What dimensions does your color map and overhead map have?
Point

Post by Point »

if you imported your overhead map via fear and your map is not a perfect square you could have some issues ... almost always you have to replace the overhead map collection from the one fear generates... the best way is open the overhead map tag in oak or amber and replace the bitmap/png the alignment should be fixed as well as the transparency colors.

if this doesnt do it ... maybe try checking the overhead map doesnt scroll box in the mesh tag.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
cremisiii

Post by cremisiii »

I had it saved in 128 . 95 i changed it to 128 by 128 its fine now also where can i get oak or amber from i am new to this .
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

oak isn't publically released yet, but the developer reads the forums so maybe he'll see this.

amber can be found on hl.udogs.net at http://hl.udogs.net/files/Gaming/%20Myt ... Utilities/ (pretty sure it is Mac OS 9 only)
Dasgiest

Post by Dasgiest »

I had the same issue your mentioning and found that it was caused by my overhead map being to small or too big. You can make it any size as long as it is the right size in comparison to your color map. Play around with it to find the right size.