scripting questions

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
carlinho

scripting questions

Post by carlinho »

anybody knows how to use the mathematics line in scripting?

I want to do the following: add 10 points per minute to a team when they are holding a flag.
then if the points go over xxxx amount, the team receives a bonus...being whatever it is special attack or something...

how do you test if a team holds a flag, and how do you add 10 or whatever points per a certain amount of time to a N variable that starts with 0 at the beginning of the game?

thanks!
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: scripting questions

Post by Pyro »

Here is some info about Math actions. It needs an update since 1.7.1 added support for Fixed type of parameters. Which are the ones that let you put 1.234 instead of just a 1.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

thanks man, I'll study that
is there a way to check if a certain unit is holding a certain flag? or just by doing a polygon surrounding that flag and checking which team unit is there?
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Point

Post by Point »

the flag raise and lower by capture for axis and allies flags is already in wava maps... oz helped figure that out for cwr civil war... it already works great in coops I still have to figure out how to use it in in multiplayer custom game types... game type is basically sector control a game style which was one of my favorite maps to make for operation flashpoint.

ps if you have looked at a maps with them and they didnt work i forgot to give the light and dark flags -1 as team...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Point wrote:the flag raise and lower by capture for axis and allies flags is already in wava maps... oz helped figure that out for cwr civil war... it already works great in coops I still have to figure out how to use it in in multiplayer custom game types... game type is basically sector control a game style which was one of my favorite maps to make for operation flashpoint.

ps if you have looked at a maps with them and they didnt work i forgot to give the light and dark flags -1 as team...
How does custom gametype work in myth?
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Point

Post by Point »

im not really sure the exacts on custom game type it might just put all multiplayer map that have scripts into that category...

I guess the best way to see how best to trigger it is find a plug that uses custom game types and uses them well...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.