sound changing

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
balor13

sound changing

Post by balor13 »

Does someone have a program that can change sounds so like I could take the narrators voice and change it so it says something else?
GodzFire

Re: sound changing

Post by GodzFire »

Fear does that
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

fear lets you replace the sounds, but you of course first have to have your new sounds all recorded and saved in the proper audio format.
balor13

Post by balor13 »

How and I mean sounds using the narrators voice.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

balor13 wrote:How and I mean sounds using the narrators voice.
the sounds you hear in the game of the narrator talking are the myth game playing back actual recordings of the human narrator talking. each narrator clip is an actual recording of the narrator speaking those words, not the result of a computer program creating human sounding speech, so if you want to put new sounds into myth of the narrator saying new things you will either need to record the human person who was the narrator saying those things or record someone imitating the narrator as they speak the new things you want the narrator to say in-game.

the only other alternative i can think of would be to export all the sound files and see if you can find all the words you need in existing clips of the narrator then use an audio editing program (Audacity is a decent cross-platform free audio editor) to chop up the extracted clips and re-assemble them into your new sounds. WArning: This would be a HUGe timeconsuming project and the output is NOT going to sound good, it is the audio equivalent of a ransom note and will sound a little like the first President Bush AT BEST (e.g. choppy and stilted).