TFL Gameplay question

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
ThreeTigerSilverWind

TFL Gameplay question

Post by ThreeTigerSilverWind »

Came across this issue in the past and am bringing it up again to see whether customized plugins will be compatible with vTFL (TFL Gameplay).

Here is what I did:

I downloaded The Fallen Levels plugin, extracted the files using untag, made some changes to the levels using Fear and Loathing, and rebuilt the plugin.
When I rebuilt the plugin, I made sure to check "Compatible with vTFL."
However, when I tried to play the new plugin with "TFL Gameplay" checked, the game booted me back to the main screen.

Should I be able to play my customized plugin in TFL Gameplay mode at this time? If so, please tell me any additional steps I need to take to get it to work (that wouldn't require any hex editing on my part).
If not, will we be able to play customized plugins in TFL Gameplay mode with the upcoming version 1.7.2?

Thanks.
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: TFL Gameplay question

Post by Melekor »

In fact I believe you will need to use a hex editor for this. The way The Fallen Levels units are setup, it needs the vTFL tagset to load last. This is not the recommended way of doing things so Fear does not allow you to do this with the GUI (nor will it in the future). You can do it manually by setting the 4th byte of the plugin file to 0x03 (3 = 1+2 = tagsets last + vTFL compatible)
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: TFL Gameplay question

Post by Pyro »

Another option might be to just include the needed tags from the Patch 1.5 Unity plugin that are used in the TFL plugin. To find out which tags that would be. Just load the TFL plugin you made and after it crashes, go to the myth_log and see what tags it needed to load. You might have to do this on all maps... unless you hex edit the first few bytes as I mentioned in your earlier thread over a year ago.

It is the last post in that thread.