adding mana blue

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Point

adding mana blue

Post by Point »

is their a way for a unit to give mana to another unit via an attack?

or is this only a reflexive ability against oneself if -cost is entered in attack field?
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: adding mana blue

Post by Pyro »

I don't think there is a way other than a reflexive attack and even then it has its limits. Since reflexive attacks can be done over and over in a short time then you might want to do a different version of an attack. For example a melee unit can be set to regain mana each time they swing their sword. This wouldn't be a reflexive attack and would allow the unit to gain mana. The downside to that is you would need a duplicate melee attack with no mana use in case the unit has full mana. This way the unit does not stop attacking because it can't gain any new mana.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

unfortunately you can't :( There may be some way to do it via scripting, but you would have to copy the lines on all your maps. Reloading cannons is for another day :(
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
Point

Post by Point »

ya i guess... I was just looking into other ways to use the artillery so Carlinho could use them with out my troops.. ie a generic loader unit... instead of needing the whole collection to allow a monster change via artifact with loader animations.

the only other way i can figure it is make the cannon have real bad accuracy or recovery time... that is boosted greatly by a loader unit that adds tons of morale. though that would probably get frustrating. I do this sorta thing to a lesser extent with mortors, bazookas and heavy mg's and it seems to work well just placing a supply unit next to it speeds up their reload time.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.