my computer does not like new collections

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
balor

my computer does not like new collections

Post by balor »

my computer does not like when I use new collections it does not load the level
Graydon

Re: my computer does not like new collections

Post by Graydon »

Bummer dude.

We're not going to be able to help at all without a bunch more specific information. What type of collection have you created? What application have you used to create it? How has it been applied in-game? After you try to load the level and it fails, what information is reported in your myth_log.txt (found in your main myth 2 directory)? Answering any/all of these will help us help you!
balor

Post by balor »

i have not created the collections I get them from plugins and they are unit collections and I think the myth.log says something about headers
Point

Post by Point »

way back in the day... some computers would not load or crash on collections that had bitmaps that were larger than 256 pixels in any directions in one of the cpr vietnam plugs we had palm trees taller than 256 whenever they came into view some people would crash...

could be that or could be something totally new ... .though many new collections have larger than 256 pixel renders... something to check...

good luck...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

Could be that either you needed more than one plugins to play a certain tagset (one has units, the other maps) or that you are trying older plugins that don't work with newer versions of myth
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Guys he's having trouble loading collections from his local folder. He's not _crashing_ crashing.... his levels arent loading, he's getting dumped back to the splash screen. It's a basic tag conflict.

Balor, do what I implied you do before and POST what is in your myth_log.txt. You're being FAR too vague to fix this very specific problem- every single tag in myth has its own header, I knew from your first post it was a tag conflict. Copy paste the contents of your myth_log to a post here after the issue happens, and I and/or someone might be able to actually help you dude :)
balor13

Post by balor13 »

sorry for the long delay here are 2 copies of the log one if I put a new unit into a new map and one where I put him in willow creek2011-05-03 06:26:08
Myth II Build 356 running under MacOS 1056 (PPC) ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Loading Patch Files...
Mazz 6 Detail Textures Patch v1
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Patch 1.7 Templates
Magma - Bungie Map Textures v1
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue'.
Running OpenGL at 1440 x 900, 16 bit
Starting mesh "0.06 to the death"...
Using 1.7.1 gameplay...
INFO: Not using OpenGL depth test.
INFO: Not using "chunked" color-map updates.
Error: File system Open in definitions.c, line #507: couldn't read header for sound definition 'alma'.
Error: File system Open in shapes.c, line #1784: failed to load sequence sound Rabican:magic1:'alma'
Closing Myth.

and now willow creek2011-05-03 06:36:04
Myth II Build 356 running under MacOS 1056 (PPC) ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Loading Patch Files...
Mazz 6 Detail Textures Patch v1
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Patch 1.7 Templates
Magma - Bungie Map Textures v1
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Running OpenGL at 1440 x 900, 16 bit
Starting mesh "Willow Creek" with 1 plugin...
Defend or Battle v1.0
Using 1.7.1 gameplay...
INFO: Not using OpenGL depth test.
INFO: Not using "chunked" color-map updates.
Error: File system Open in definitions.c, line #507: couldn't read header for sound definition 'alma'.
Error: File system Open in shapes.c, line #1784: failed to load sequence sound Rabican:magic1:'alma'
Closing Myth.

P.S don`t worry about the earthquake file
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

This is not a collection problem. It looks like you are just missing a sound tag (with tagid "alma") that is linked to that Rabican collection tag. It seems that the sequence "magic1" uses that sound tag you are missing. Once you add that to your local/plug, it should work.

P.S. The 1.7.2 update for Myth2 is out. Won't solve your missing tag issue, but it is an update after all. It also has updated tools.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

And a total non-sequiter, but judging by the header name, 5 bucks the tag was originally named "alric magic" :)