Looking for the following Myth Tools

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
vinylrake

Re: Looking for the following Myth Tools

Post by vinylrake »

from an Old VistaCartel page (sadly missing images) entitled 'Vista - Quirky Stuff'...

header
reference to MythHack
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

ps. Is this the PlugOV - a windows plugin manager - the PlugOV you are looking for? Cause if it is, I have it.
pps. the author's site (http://www.darooster.net) is still active and has documentation and downloads of a couple other myth utilities he wrote.

"------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DB Software PlugO V1.0

Copyright (c) DB Software 2002. All rights reserved.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to DB Software PlugO V1.0

What is PlugO?
-----------------------------
PlugO is an easy to use tool for managing your plugins.
PlugO supports all 32-bit Windows versions in use today -
Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP. It allows you to use
a point-and-click interface to manage plugins for use with
the Copyright (c) Bungie Studios MythII game series. Besides that,
this tool will allow you to download new plugins with the
use of originally supplied, or 3rd party supplied PLGO lists,
and is useful for switching full server plugin sets.

System Requirements
--------------------------------
Minimal configuration:
* Pentium 133 or higher
* 16MB RAM
* Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP
* MythII Installed
* Decompressor Installed (Aladin Expander preferred)

Preferred configuration:
* Pentium II or higher
* 64MB RAM
* 800x600 screen resolution
* Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP

PlugO v 1.1 FAQ and Usage
-------------------------------

You are free to use this software for personal use. Re-distribution of Plugo either alone or as a part of another program is prohibited without the consent of the author.

FAQ:

Q: How do I install PlugO?

A: Just download PlugO and run the PlugO.msi install script. To uninstall or repair the program, Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, locate PlugO and choose either Change or Remove.

Q: Why can't I swap plugins in and out of my plugins and extra-plugins windows?

A: Make sure the second window, labeled "Available Plugins" is actually displaying your available plugins folder. Hint: hit the "Reset" button to reset this directory . Also, you can't switch servers or swap loaded plugins while Myth is running, you must quit Myth to move plugs in & out of your loaded plugs folder.

Q: How do I make my own PlugO lists to distribute links to my own maps?

A: Download the PlugO List Creator.

Q: Why when I use PlugO to change servers, it resets everything?

A: PlugO supplies a standard set of pref files and plugins for server switching. To have PlugO put in the ones you want, put your working 'bungienet' file and your 'networking' file in PlugO's server directory under the server name that the files apply to and they will be inserted whenever you switch servers, keeping your preferences intact between switches.

Q: Is PlugO's source code available?

A: No. But if you're interested in porting this app to Mac, then please contact me.

Q: PlugO crashes when I try to load The Mill to the downloads list.

A: Since PlugO needs access to the internet to browse ftp sites and download files, make sure your Firewall alows PlugO to access the internet, and act as a server.

Q: What if I have a problem, or a question, suggestion, or bug report?

A: Please send any correspondence to the Author. Any new FAQ's will be posted.

Usage:

When PlugO first starts up, you will be prompted to choose between two options. One option will be to locate your existing extra-plugins folder, the second option will be for PlugO to create a default extra-plugins directory for you. You should have a folder somewhere on your computer where you keep all your unused or not loaded plugins for safe keeping untill you want to activate them by placing them in your Myth2/plugins folder.

Choose option one (locate your existing extra plugins folder) and you will be presented with a familiar directory search tool for you to locate this folder. Remember, this is your EXTRA plugins folder, NOT your Myth2/plugins folder!

The second option (let PlugO create a default extra plugins directory) will simply create an empty folder in your PlugO directory which will be used to store all your newly downloaded plugins and any extra plugins that are not being used at the time.

If for some reason you see the words "Directory Error" in one of the file view windows, simply click on the "Reset" button on the PlugO main page, and you will be prompted to re-locate these folders. PlugO will always remember your folders, so you should only have to do this once.

You will want to locate all your scattered plugins and locate them in one convienent folder somewhere on your computer and point PlugO's Available Plugins window to that directory.

Switching Plugins:

Simply click on the plugin you want to move in either the "Loaded Plugins" or "Available Plugins" windows and click the appropriate arrow button [<<] or [>>] to move the plugin. You may also simply double-click the plugin name and it will move it to the appropriate directory. Note that you will not be able to move any loaded plugins while Myth is running.

Main Screen:

The Main screen consists of three file view windows, and some user interface buttons:

1) The first file window on the left, labeled "Loaded Plugins" displays the contents of your Myth2 preferences file. If PlugO finds your Myth2 installation directory, which it should, this window is filled in for you automatically when you start PlugO. If the Myth2 directory isn't found for some reason, such as Myth is installed on a different Drive, or you don't have a proper Myth installation, then a directory search box will pop up asking you to locate your Myth2 directory. If this happens, simply locate your Myth installation directory and PlugO will remember it for the future. If for some reason you choose the wrong directory, simply click the "Reset" button on the PlugO main screen, and you will be prompted to re-locate your Myth2 directory.

2) The middle window, labeled "Available Plugins" displays your Extra plugins, or plugins that are not loaded at this time. If you choose the wrong directory, simply click the "Reset" button on the PlugO main screen to reset the directories.

3) The third window on the right labeled "Downloads" is the download screen, which will display all the available downloads from the selected media.

4) Delete: This button will delete the selected plugin from your system.

5) Reset: This button will reset your plugin and extra plugin directories

6) Refresh: This button will refresh the file view lists. If you manually move files into your directories via explorer, click this button to reload the views.

The Downloads section of the PlugO main screen has many functions:

1) ::Load List:: dropdown menu: This menu allows you to choose between .plgo lists for browsing of special lists made with PlugO List Creator which will display maps, films, utilities, etc.. for download, or ::The Mill:: for ftp browsing and downloading directly off of The Mill. All the download options are dimmed untill you load a list.

2) Search button: After you have chosen a download list media from the Load List dropdown, you can use the search options by either entering a keyword or partial word in th "Keyword" edit box, or choose a "Type" from its respective dropdown, and click the Search Button to display the results. Note that searching a ftp site will only search from files in the displayed directory.

3) Website: This is a self explanitory button which will take you to the Authors website if supplied, or in the case of The Mill, it will take you to The Mill's website.

4) Email: This is also self explanitory, and open your email client ready to send an email to the plugin's Author, if this information is supplied in the .plgo list.

5) Download: This is the real workhorse button of the download functionality. Clicking this button will start a download session of the file you have chosen from the download file view window. Once you start a download, you may see the progress via the progress bar at the bottom of the PlugO main screen, and you may also view the Speed in kbs, the Progress in percent, and the amount Downloaded in bytes.

You may cancel the download in progress at anytime by clicking the 'Cancel" button that will appear at the bottom right of the screen once a download has begun. You may also check the "Shut down when done" option automatically shut down your computer for you when the download and file processing has been completed.

Utilities:

The Utilities button will bring up a new window with various options.

1) Help: The Help button will bring up a new window with a link to the PlugO support website, and a link to send an email to the software author for personal support.

2) IP Switch: This button will bring up the built-in IP Switch program. This program has multiple uses, but the most common is to use it to switch your Myth2 configuration to connect to the PlayMyth.net or the Mariusnet servers. The check boxes labeled "Prefsfile IP Address Only" will only change the IP address in your bungienet file. Using this will enable you to connect to a different server for chat, but will not disturb any of your installed plugins. The other checkboxes labeled "Full Plugin Set" will switch all the necessary files to get you connected and playing games on the two different servers. IP Switch will install the default files needed, but if you want to preserve your existing settings, place your existing bungienet file and networking file (located in your MythII/preferences folder) in the proper PlugO/Server directory and they will be installed upon Server Switching instead of the default files.

3) Map List Editor: If you have the PlugO List Creator program installed, this button will start the program. If you don't have it installed, it will pop up a window wint a link to the PlugO website where you can download the List Creator Program. The List Creator program is for mapmakers or anyone who would like to create a custom .plgo list to distribute to PlugO users.

4) Launch Myth II: Simply starts your Myth2 program.

Additional Info
----------------------------

For getting information,
please visit: http://www.darooster.net/plugo/support.htm

For getting live support
mailto:support@darooster.net

Credits
----------
The following 3rd party software/materials have been used
to create this version of PlugO:

* This software includes files copyright Mariusnet and are included with re-distribution permission granted. By using this application to switch in the files for mariusnet, you are bound to the mariusnet user agreement as well. Visit Mariusnet.com for accounts or further information.

* This software includes files copyright PlayMyth.net and are included with re-distribution permission granted. By using this application to switch in the files for playmyth.net, you are bound to the playmyth.net user agreement as well. Visit PlayMyth.net for accounts or further information.

* This software includes files copyright Bungie Studios.

Contact
-----------
DB Software Web Site: http://www.darooster.net
E-mail: info@darooster.net

Technical Support
--------------------------
Your feedback is very important for the further development
of PlugO. For bug reports, comments, suggestions or
complaints, please send e-mail to support@darooster.net

Setup2Go Revision History
-------------------------------------

ver. 1.1 - 03 November 2002
-----------------------------------
* Added FTP support code
* Added FTP site browsing / downloading

Ver. 1.0 - 26 October 2002
-----------------------------------
* Initial release of PlugO

COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK AND OTHER LEGAL NOTICES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE MATERIAL CONTAINED IN THIS PROGRAM IS PROTECTED BY
COPYRIGHT LAW AND INTERNATIONAL TREATIES. UNAUTHORIZED
REPRODUCTION OR DISTRIBUTION OF THIS PROGRAM, OR ANY
PORTION OF IT, MAY RESULT IN SEVERE CIVIL AND CRIMINAL
PENALTIES, AND WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT
PERMISSIBLE UNDER LAW

Copyright (c) 2002 by DB Software. All rights reserved.

Although we have cleared copyright where possible we invite
copyright holders not credited to contact DB Software.
"
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Please upload PlugO V1.0 if u can VR please.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

it's that time of the month better check your pms.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Okay, I'm down to trying to find 1 final Myth program, MythHack. Come on guys, let's find this last one!
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

GodzFire wrote:Okay, I'm down to trying to find 1 final Myth program, MythHack. Come on guys, let's find this last one!
Its likely gone for good. Only a handful of people had it in the first place.
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

I also found a file called MythRun v4. Not sure if thats anything.
willzilla

Post by willzilla »

Welly wrote: C) Twisted Mytal I have this and can send it your way.
Bump from the dead...

Any chance, if still around, you have any screenshots of Twisted Mytal. I'm trying to figure out of that is one of the tools I had worked on long ago or not lol (don't have a Mac these days or the app).