So, what are we all working on?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Jon God

So, what are we all working on?

Post by Jon God »

It's been a while since I've seen one of these 'shameless self-promotion topics' so let's start another one up, for the end of 09, and the beginning of '10.

I am working on a few projects right now:

• Myth RPG (On Hold, ish)
• JINN Detail Textures (On Hold, ish)
• Chimera Detail Textures (On Hold)
• Jon God's Detail Texture pack
• Jon God's Tower Defense (Shelved... for the moment?)
• Green Berets Myth 1.7 port, along with detail textures and QT cutscenes
• Deadfall, (Along with Zeph) (Released!)
• Help provided to (a Onyx Warlord project)
• A unannounced project, which is still very early on.
• WWII Detail Textures (On Hold)
• HD Scenery (On Hold)

And now in detail:

• Myth RPG •

For a long time, I always wondered why no one had made a Myth RPG level, considering the potential, and not knowing of any, started my own, (Though, I later learned of the RPG levels in JINN/TSG as well as the RPG level in bolo). My RPG takes many cues and inspiration from Diablo, Obivion and other RPGs, with you being able to walk around in a large map, sandbox style, and being able to take missions/make money at your pleasure, you can then buy a pet wolf, potions, swords, armor or you can gamble with the money you make. You can also level up to learn new abilities and spells.

I aim to have an hour or two worth of side missions and a main storyline to follow, with and end point.

STATUS: In beta, a large amount of side missions and stuff is available, and is very playable, however swords/armor aren't yet available for purchase and not much of the main story has been completed.

CURRENT STATUS: I started this over from nearly scratch, better map, more depth, but hardly any work has gone into it so far.

• JINN Detail Textures •

Like what Project Magma has done for Myth II, I am working on a detail texture patch for JINN, which will detail texture not only all of the single player levels, but also the multiplayer levels, using around 80% new detail textures, and ones that stand out more then most of the built in ones used in the Bungie map texture vol 1.

CURRENT STATUS: Looking at redoing it all, as I have gotten so much better since I started it.

• Chimera Detail Textures •

[/i]Like the JINN Detail Textures, this aims to cover all of Chimera, along with it's multiplayer level. I have not planned yet the amount of new to old detail textures.

STATUS: I detail textured it before, but it's very rough and I will have to re-go-over all the levels.[/i]

CURRENT STATUS: On Hold.

• Jon God's Detail Texture Pack •

With all the Detail Textures I have made for all my projects, I know I couldn't just keep them to myself, so I am making a pack for all detail texture-ers to download.

I am aiming for 100-150 new detail textures, though with that numder there will be a number of sideways textures, (1 normal, 1 flipped)

CURRENT STATUS: I have 230ish textures done at the moment, but I still am growing yet.

• Jon God's tower Defense •

For those of you familiar with flash tower defense games, or WC3's Tower defense mode, you will find yourself a bit familiar with the concept already, however this time it takes place in myth, with towers being dwarfs, archers, fetch, dwarven mortars, and other units, defending tallow from waves of the dark.

I haven't Decided how in depth it will be yet, so I don't know how much longer I am planning to work on it.

STATUS: Is fully playable, and is already quite addictive, however there are still things to add, and it doesn't have an ending. Not sure how much more I am going to add.

CURRENT STATUS: I have shelved this for now. You can still play it, but it's unlikely it will be updated anymore.

• Green Berets Myth 1.7 port •

[/i]For those that tried playing Green Berets in Myth 1.7, you know it doesn't really work 100%. Having bought the game a while ago, and having to have a separate Myth install for it, which is still version 1.5 or something, I finally got fed up and started porting it to Myth 1.7.

This port will contain the entire Green Berets, along with a tagset that can be used on normal Myth levels, both multi and single player. Not stopping there, it will come with an optional patch that detail textures all of the levels in Green Berets, bringing it up to date with Myth 1.7. It will also contain both the original cutscenes and QT versions of them as well.

STATUS: The plugins themselves are all pretty much done, but could use some bugtesting, the detail textures however still need work, which is what's holding it up.[/i]

CURRENT STATUS: Very close.

• Deadfall •

[/i](With help from Zeph)

Starting as a LAN modification to Zeph's Quarantine, it evolved into quite a large beast, adding many maps and having hours upon hours of testing and balancing making for a truly solid co-op experience.

When responding to a distress call, Marine Special Forces Team 3 finds themselves smack dab in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, with hundreds of zombies coming from all directions, and a wasted shot could mean death, or worse zombification.

For those of you that haven't ever played Quarantine, this is a plugin that departs far form most other myth plugins, offering a more modern/futuristic experience, with marines, and guns. An interesting and original feature this plugin contains is a class based system, letting you chose which class you think would work best, or switching it up for more replay value.

The plugin currently contains no solo meshes, or story, but a multiplayer competitive coop gametype where players compete for kills against legions of AI zombies, and any fallen players return as zombies to slay their once-team mates for extra points.

While the zombie coops play a large part of the plugin, it is not limited to that with each of the 15 maps having multiple and original gametypes and objectives as well as normal deathmatch king of the hill and other gametypes.

STATUS: A large amount of this is done, though there is still a large amount left to do. Many gametypes aren't finished/scripted and many levels still need to be set up for the vs gametypes. A lot of balancing still needs to be done, and testing and bugfixes still remain.[/i]

CURRENT STATUS: While 1.0 was released, a new version is in development, keep an eye on the official site.

• Onyx Warlord Project •

Having the original idea for the project and providing ideas and help, this project was mostly taken over by The Onyx Warlords.

• Unannounced Project •

Stating with tags recovered from a older Myther, this project is very early in development, and has no real game plan yet.

• WWII Detail Textures •

[/i]Along with my other detail textures patches, I am making one for the more popular WWII plugins for Myth, Recon, Combat, AHX, ect.

STATUS: Recon is done, Combat is in progress, no work has been done so far beyond that.[/i]

CURRENT STATUS: On hold.

• HD Scenery •

[/i]After the release of 1.7 with detail textures, the current Myth scenery looks even more archaic. I have started to make replacement scenery in much higher resolutions, and am looking into offering more views for them.

STATUS: Most of the scenery from Willow Creek is 'done' but looking for feedback.[/i]

CURRENT STATUS: On hold.

So, what are you all working on? :)
Last edited by Jon God on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
killerking

Re: So, what are we all working on?

Post by killerking »

Still learning how to script :( :oops:
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

killerking wrote:Still learning how to script :( :oops:
That's the stuff, just keep at it. :)
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

-Myth III The Wolf Age for Myth 2
-Gladiators: Requiem
-Dead Man's Chest

Details?
-Myth III

Well um, I was in talks with some old contacts around december all the way until the beginning of March, then I actually started a lil 1 man project at the time preparing all the stuff. As of now its been in official production for about 6 months? Almost, mostly 5 if you count me slacking or turning attention to other projects. Anyways, development is going smoothly and I've already 'completed' 14/25 of the solo levels :) I'm aiming for a 2010 release though. That'll keep you satified in info for now :D

-Gladiators: Requiem

Nothing much has really been done for this, I went through some concepts and storyboarding for this. Its local folder has been built with all needed collections, all thats left is the level itself which now that I finished Great Journey I can turn some more free attention that isn't consumed by TWA to this. Anywho the colormap is made and I might like to add is one of my personal favorites and best. It will feature you fighting with 12 heroes this time, each with actual powers using Inventory, and you will fight in 5 stages and 5 different arenas, after winning a round you will be teleported to the next arena. Its quite a nice FX show.

-Dead Man's Chest

I actually made an earlier version of this map while making a campaign a year or two ago but then when I quit Myth making in favor of using Hammer Editor to make levels for Half-Life 2 Mods I guess I deleted the folder that had this map in it. It was one of my favorites too. In the campaign It was originally for it was a group of survivors stranded on an island are then followed and they end up fighting while trying to escape blah blah blah. In this level is simply a stand alone action packed level that differs to any super powerd freaks on steriods vs endless enemies. DMC will be about an actual light force against a vast legion of dark forces. It takes place on an Island where you can fight on the shores or fight inside the center in a small town and defend 4 fronts. You have 3 hero units that have somewhat powerfull abilities to help combat the boss units. However there is a world knot that is meant for your escape at the end and you have to protect the Avatara while he repairs the knot. if he dies you lose.

So you have to use a mixture of your myth skills and mazz skills to win :)

I actually did a lot and everything was done all i need to do is finish the last half of scripting and then do some test runs and itll be ready :)
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I am working on rebuilding my self-esteem after reading all the things jongod is working on and the resulting sinking feeling of 'omg i am such a slacker'.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

• The Perfect Storm
• Untitled Onyx Warlords Project
•
• Updating the Starter Guide
• Minor Stuff

------------------------------------

•The Perfect Storm

Some Chimera-sized campaign with a bunch of new units about the Callieach and Trow conflict.

• Untitled Onyx Warlords Project

Some project that we thought would take a short time to make but has slipped into a coma to make way for other things.

•

Your clearance is not high enough to know about this nonexistant project that became dormat. It might die before it even stood a chance.

• Updating the Starter Guide

Not major, but I haven't quite finished it. There are a few parts I need to revise and a few things I need to include. Others are helping with at least one possible translation. Will be moving to a new host.

• Minor Stuff

A bunch of minor stuff I should do. Like finalize Shiver's Turn. Work on the few things I'm suppose to do for TFV that I have been procrastinating. Other stuff I may have left out that somehow I have made or touched.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Well, I haven't got much time recently, but I spent some of my time on working on our Myth website www.soulblighter.net (Dutch language version is almost done :wink: ).

If it comes to plugins, I've been working on a small solo map, because I found an old cmap I made some time ago (I once wanted to use it to some sort of a campaign) and thought that it would be cool to make solo level on it. It's quite nice and I think this can be really enjoyable, nothing big, but just something for fun.

And then I always wanted to make a campaign (3 levels min and 5-6 max I think). Though I still haven't even started working on it :wink: but I was thinking about a scenario, where everything is set on water or man-built primitive constructions, like in a 'Waterworld' movie (heh yeah, I was inspired by Cube and made Imprisoned and now Waterworld :P ). But it will all depend on my 'real life' :wink:
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

Heroes of Haxors III
Quarantine : Deadfall
Special Forces 2 v2
Onyx Warlord Project

Details :
HOH III : An update to the two other plugins by the same name. It has 16 different heroes, all with 2 special attacks. The plugin uses an updated arena map, emphasizes on teamwork and combo moves ( using two different attacks together )

Quarantine Deadfall :
Read Jon God's post. Though he said no coop maps were made, it now has 3!

Special Forces 2 v2 : Myth 1.7 broke SF2. Ozone is currently fixing it and I'm helping him with some maps

Onyx Secret Project : Nothing new to say except that it has new units, new map(s) new sounds new everything. Total conversion ??? I think so :P
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Zeph wrote:Special Forces 2 v2 : Myth 1.7 broke SF2. Ozone is currently fixing it and I'm helping him with some maps
Pffft. It had its issues even before 1.7. I blame whoever released it. :wink:
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

I Blame Pyro
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

ah...I wish I could have spare time to go back to finishing the plug...
one day...one day...
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

carlinho wrote:ah...I wish I could have spare time to go back to finishing the plug...
one day...one day...
Approx. how much is it complete? %?
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

90 % graphics
30% scripting
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

carlinho wrote:90 % graphics
30% scripting
While I am not a master scripter by any means, I'd love to help move things along, I can't do much to help with graphics though.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

carl wont take any help
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com