Changing stone and paralysis tint color?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Tyrfing

Changing stone and paralysis tint color?

Post by Tyrfing »

Not sure if this warrants it's own topic, but is it possible to change the tint color applied to units for stoning and paralysis? I recall that it's possible to change the smoke effects but it doesn't look like local projectile groups affect tint color?

I searched, flipped through Fear's documentation and poked around in Fear but I found no reference to this so forgive me if it's totally obvious/has been asked before (I am presuming it's not possible since I couldn't dig anything up, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask).
devSin

Re: Changing stone and paralysis tint color?

Post by devSin »

I'm pretty sure it's hardcode.

You might be able to blow kisses at Myrd or someone for some sort of workaround. Maybe a special string list that lets you specify RGB values and percentages for overriding any hardcoded tints. Or maybe a power_user.txt-like special ini file, but that wouldn't be map-friendly.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

No harm in asking when you can't find it after searching. Sadly there is no way to edit those colors. It is hardcoded into Myth 2.
Tyrfing

Post by Tyrfing »

Ah well. I was thinking stoning + blue tint could equal a freeze ray but alas. Thanks for the swift response guys. :)
Strahov

Post by Strahov »

Hello, I see that this post is old, so I have I have a question if something has changed: I still can not choose a specific tint to units for new types of damage?

It would be great to implement this option in an upcoming Fear and to create other types of damage, such as freezing, which in turn would freeze the unit tint it white and beat it would break into tiny pieces like glass, if not hit return to the status normal. for example.

If green tint, eg poison, that detract vitality to the unit slowly and for a limited time that we value, etc. .. (I have been able this with Fear Loathing and changing with Local Projectile Groups, but it is not as I would like).

Thank you.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Hola, veo que este post es antiguo, por eso tengo tengo una pregunta por si algo ha cambiado: ¿Todavia no es posible elegir un tinte concreto para nuevos tipos de daño?

Seria genial implementar esta opcion en un próximo Fear y poder crear otros tipos de daños como la congelación, que a su vez congelaría la unidad tintándola de blanco y al golpearla se rompería en trozos diminutos como el cristal, si no se golpeara volvería a su estado normal. por ejemplo.

Si tintaramos de verde por ejemplo, veneno que restaría vitalidad a la unidad paulatinamente y durante un tiempo limitado y a valorar, etc.. (Esto lo he podido conseguir con Loathing y modificando con Fear Local Projectile Groups, pero no queda como me gustaría).

Gracias.
- Larga vida a Myth!
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Even cooler would be a textured red overlay for a bloodied unit. That could get redder and redder the more it got bloodied. It's strange how units never get any blood on them.
StalKeR

Post by StalKeR »

Strahov wrote:Hello, I see that this post is old, so I have I have a question if something has changed: I still can not choose a specific tint to units for new types of damage?

It would be great to implement this option in an upcoming Fear and to create other types of damage, such as freezing, which in turn would freeze the unit tint it white and beat it would break into tiny pieces like glass, if not hit return to the status normal. for example.

If green tint, eg poison, that detract vitality to the unit slowly and for a limited time that we value, etc. .. (I have been able this with Fear Loathing and changing with Local Projectile Groups, but it is not as I would like).

Thank you.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Hola, veo que este post es antiguo, por eso tengo tengo una pregunta por si algo ha cambiado: ¿Todavia no es posible elegir un tinte concreto para nuevos tipos de daño?

Seria genial implementar esta opcion en un próximo Fear y poder crear otros tipos de daños como la congelación, que a su vez congelaría la unidad tintándola de blanco y al golpearla se rompería en trozos diminutos como el cristal, si no se golpeara volvería a su estado normal. por ejemplo.

Si tintaramos de verde por ejemplo, veneno que restaría vitalidad a la unidad paulatinamente y durante un tiempo limitado y a valorar, etc.. (Esto lo he podido conseguir con Loathing y modificando con Fear Local Projectile Groups, pero no queda como me gustaría).

Gracias.
wow I would love to see this by multiplying the possibilities of the creators of plugins with this. I would like to see also the color of blood, the color of fire and although it sounds crazy maybe in some contrails, this would be great

the ability to increase overwhelmingly special effects of the attacks and states

:arrow:

wow a mi me encantaria poder ver esto. esta multiplicando las posibilidades de los creadores de plugins con esto. Me gustaria verlo tambien en el color de la sangre, el color del fuego y aunque parezca una locura quizas en algunas contrails, esto seria grandioso.

la capacidad de aumentar de manera abrumadora los efectos especiales de los ataques y estados