Basis formula for damage calculating

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
The Vile

Basis formula for damage calculating

Post by The Vile »

People from ProjectMagma, from newbies to professionals, I'll now explain the basis formula for calculating damage taken by a unit. It's mostly for the ones who still don't comprehend how it works.

Taking for first example: a Myrkridia clawing a Heron Guard. Pick the type (Slash in this case) and strength of attack projectile of the attacker unit (default 0.898 - 1.000 for Myrk's claw slash) and multiply it by the respective damage modifier of the attackee unit (Heron Guard in the case in his OBJECT). If the HG has only 0.750 for Slash damage for example, it means the HG takes only 75% damage from any Slash attack. Got it?

If not, here goes another example: a Forest Giant punching the teeth out of a Trow. Take the type and strength of the FG's punch attack (Kinetic damage, hypotetically 3.000 - 3.395) - remembering that ALL attacks are in the PROJECTILES folder - and multiply this value by the respective modifier in the OBJECT of the Trow. If the Trow has a value of 0.360 for Kinetic damage implies that the Trow will only suffer 36% damage of any Kinetic attack (such as a Maul's club swing).

After so much help I've received in here, now it was my time to give a hand in PM! I did this text as clear as a white shirt washed in neutral soap, so I hope you get the hang of it rapidly after reading my text! This is pure mathematics and physics!

Okay, I'm going for now...
If ya wanna war, come into! I'll be waiting for you!