Munitions Factory- wAvA Warfare Axis vs Allies for 1.6

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Point

Munitions Factory- wAvA Warfare Axis vs Allies for 1.6

Post by Point »

Warfare AvA was started back in the days of bungie.net and has been on my hard drive seemingly forever :) Would love to finish it up and get it out there... especially now that 1.6 actually makes it able to work in the manner it was first conceived in.

Posting links to folders for people to explore and maybe offer up some constructive ideas and support to finally get these projects done.

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... A-Warfare/

http://m2-a-co.4t.com/Warfare/
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Point

seeking Peeps to help on this...

Post by Point »

looking for people to help finish this project... maybe for a d day 1.7 myth release ...

this has been gathering dust a long time though models are all done 34 color maps done... just need a whole lot of amber and fear.... along with of course some 1.6 and 1.7 additions... oh and scripting of the maps lol...

Brandon hex has volunteered to help ...

Zeph you would be the other most likely ;)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

um... what do I download... its just a mash of stuff not put into a plug yet?
Point

wAvA

Post by Point »

theres just test stuff .... some plugs that work and a couple locals...
Point

so whose in ...

Post by Point »

so whose in to help finally finish all this stuff....

Point-
Brandon-

Carlino-
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

aye POINT!!!
I think your stuff is incredible
I downloaded it and been fooling aroung a bit some way back last year

problem is I need to finish the greek plug and fear, loathing and scripting takes too much time...
that's why I offered renwood ooga fury and deqlyn that if they do that part I can submit some models and some animation sprites which for me is easy to do.

you have a ton of cool stuff...

but it's absolutely up to the guys (as I won't do the fear/amber/loathing work//hehe) if they want to finish the stuff or just work on one HIGH RES german soldier with different weapons + 1 usa soldier with different weapons and both of them in standing. crouching, lying prone animations + 1 german tank only

basically what I thought of bringing into myth is the WWII crouching/lying prone of other games...so if you switch artifacts you can be standing up and run, or crouching and trot, or lying prone and moving slowly
and your resize box would be smaller depending which position you would use...
so if you hide behind a small wall lying prone, you could avoid bullets, then hit the standing, throw a grenade, or fire a weapon, crouch again....

I think just those units and with the soldiers in those 3 different positions...

but anyways your plug is larger and bigger, much more complete than this single multi/coop map we want to do...
that's just a teaser map for the release of 1.7 using all it's features...
but whatever the guys want to do...
I'm not the one to decide, as I won't do that job

but definitely I want to do the carentan map...it's that or nothing...hehe
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

stick to the basics of myth, i dont think people would enjoy learning 30 new units each with their own special abilities and special moves and artefact switching
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

So now we have a Greek Plug project, a WW2 plug project and a CWR plug project. Not to mention what anyone else who has volunteered what their working on.

I am for this.....

4-5 Units. ***** EDITPER TEAM****
1-2 tanks/

Rifleman/Grenadier - M1 Garand/Mauser 98K.
Attributes Longer Range Rifle Attack (say 24). M1 3 shots to kill, 98K 2 shot to kill.
Special Attack - Rifle Grenade

SGT./Unteroffizer - M1 Thompson/MP-40
Attributes Shorter Range (say 10) kills in 5 shots but good rate of fire.
Special Attack 1 Grenade

Support Infantry/Sturmtroopen - BAR/MP-44
Attributes Medium Range (say 15) Kills in 2 shots Good rate of fire
Special Attack - 1 Grenade

Sniper/Sharfeshutze - M1 Springfield/98k scoped or G43
Attributes 1 shot kill - very slow shooting speed mb Mana based range 30
Special Attack - None

Heavy MG - .30 Cal/MG-42
Attributes Medium Range more inaccurate high ROF/ Long Reload
Special Attack - None

Medic - Heal. No weapons.

Units you could add.... that I am mostly against due to simplicity sake.

I have always enjoyed infantry based and myth is mostly infantry.

Mortars
Tanks
Bazooka

K.I.S.S is how to make this fun and playable. 1 Weapon per person infinite ammo or something close to it but then you get to serious stalemates. Just like Dwarfs there should be limited Heavy Weapons support/snipers/MP-44s and BARs. Rifle has always been the backbone. I am all for making a Saving Private Ryan End Scene Map. In fact I drew up plans for one back when I was DoDing. Also started making a Remagen Bridge Map as well. Would be a good FFA map.

My $0.02c

Love to at least be someone to make sure its historically accurate
Last edited by Deqlyn on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Point

the basics...

Post by Point »

Zeph wrote:stick to the basics of myth, i dont think people would enjoy learning 30 new units each with their own special abilities and special moves and artefact switching

the basics of myth are rock papers scissors one unit with an advantage over another... take out one type and another type and another has the advantage... kill a dwarf and stygs knights can own archers... etc...

CWR charge to challenge snipers or they will pick you off

tactical strategy via unit mix or inventory switches is where myth is fun... light vs dark enhances this and a good mix of units further enhances it...

base 32 which = 32 light and 32 dark.. basically gives the map maker, multi or coop all the options needed to make a great campaign. sure its fun once in a while to have big battles with all the unit types but thats not the bulk of the games played these days..

with fixed animations sets making one unit or 20 with different uniforms and weapons gets easy and fast... you only have to set one up and amber the rest are simply replacement bit maps from the same animation sequence altered for various weapons differences..

in warfare we ended up planning for a lot more units since the campaign we had army, airborne, and british, german soldier, ss, and para troopers tanks and vehicles and planes I should still have all the models in poser format.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

jeez man, if you have the models in poser let me know
I think with a basic German soldier that can carry a rifle, a machine gun a bazooka and a sniper rifle and the same for an american soldier we are ok
maybe then a heavy machine gunner...
and 1 tank...

anyways won't be able to work on that for a while
Point

soldiers and artifacts....

Post by Point »

carlinho wrote:jeez man, if you have the models in poser let me know
I think with a basic German soldier that can carry a rifle, a machine gun a bazooka and a sniper rifle and the same for an american soldier we are ok
maybe then a heavy machine gunner...
and 1 tank...

anyways won't be able to work on that for a while

monster changing pickups...
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

faaaa..! and you have all that rendered and ambered?
that's amazing
somebody should finish that!
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

you see the problem here is that its great to have a unit that can carry 30 guns, but in myth what will the difference be between all those.

What difference can there be between a mosin nagant, lee enfield, k98 appart from the sound they make.

I liked Deqlyn's idea, reminds me of Medal of Honor and Axis vs Allies 1 (mine) Weapons should be divided by type, not by name. If you make one SMG for allies and one for AXIS you don't get confused between all your gun types and you actually see a difference when using a rifle or a smg or bazooka or assault rifle.

If you want to go for the weapon pickup route, keep in mind that most people will only ever want to control one type of that unit at a time. Its near impossible to control 5-6 guys each with inventory weapon swtiching and ammo management, only japs do that!
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

i like carlinho's idea a lot but would simplify it maybe a bit - to 2-3 classes of weapons with multiple instances of each - that wouldn't be that hard to keep track of. Most people can keep track of 3 different kinds of units.

especially if the weapons classes were simple enough to to identify at a glance like normal (rifles), fast (machin gun), or artillery (bazooka, grenade launcher,etc).

or put it in a more mythish way, choosing to pick up a weapon would be like selecting which class of unit you want that unit to be - archer, archer hero, or warlock.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

But do you need 50 units with 30 weapons. WW2 squads were made up of 8 men, 10 on axis. The majority being rifleman and 1-2 heavy MGs. Its great we can play 3 people but I shudder at the fact of always having a 3 unit map or 9 unit map. I'm thinking somewhat bigger like Dog beach with 3 heavy MGs covering 10-20 rifleman who storm the bunker.

Tactically speaking I say stay closer to history but ultimately that's just my opinion. Maybe you can pick up any weapon but it should override the other. Realistic you COULD carry 1 rifle M1 Garand/98K and a MP-40/Thompson M1 over your shoulder. But a BAR heavy MG and Rifle. Not even realistic. Not to mention how slow you'd travel.

Rifleman were always the core of any army and still are.

IMHO I'd ditch the shotgun unless your doing a pacific theatre, and the camo uniform on the german indicates you'd only be fighting Waffen SS. I like the standard Wermacht Uniform much better but im no modeler and I'd take what I get. I'd still like to be apart of the project, I do have alot of input mostly to historical accuracybut I am not opposed to my ideas not being used.

I'd like to volunteer as team leader and map/storyline director/scripter if your not opposed to a rookie delegating. It'd clearly be a Cheerocracy on any major decisions.