Grass Tutorial - I'd like to think of it as uber...

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
deadman

Re: Grass Tutorial - I'd like to think of it as uber...

Post by deadman »

Links updated from the original post... I'll upload em to hotline when I get set up there as well.
balor13

Post by balor13 »

hey deadman where did you get your textures cause i am not close to skilled enough to draw the kind of texture you`re using :!:
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

This is a tutorial on how to MAKE them, from scratch.

That said there's a number of valuable texture resources available. If you search 'Mapmakers Food' on the tain you should find Soma's old texture files, they're a great place to start off.

After grabbing those basic tilable textures I would suggest looking into the high quality non-tiling cgtextures.com and mayang.com/textures . Both great resources. Googling a tutorial on 'creating tilable textures in photoshop' would be a good start on how to take the non-tiled textures from the above websites and create tiling textures usable in myth out of them. Good luck!

Edit: scratch that, if you just READ deadman's tutorial he walks you through creating a tilable texture from a photo or other non-tilable image.
balor13

Post by balor13 »

thanks for the advise but there is no file called mapmakers food
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

look here - there are 4 collections of textures

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Gaming/%20Myt ... Utilities/
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

You don't _Really_ want to use the mapmakers food as textures by themselves. Those textures have been around 10 years, and just about every mediocre colourmap ever made has used them. You're going to want to use those as _bases_ to start building a real texture on top of.