awesome stuff

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

If anyone remembers the Myth TFL demo, i believe it had a moving background for the main menu... is it possible to make one for myth2?
the longer you hold it, the warmer it gets.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Apparently not, I fooled around with adding frames (managing to created this abomination) but it doesn't appear to animate.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
capital

Post by capital »

Floyd is Pink wrote:If anyone remembers the Myth TFL demo, i believe it had a moving background for the main menu... is it possible to make one for myth2?
TFL 1.5 beta has a checkbox which shows an animated background.
lank

Post by lank »

tfl 1.0 played a film of an lmoth game on "i'll dance on your grave" in the background. i think it must have been disabled because it would have gone out of sync after the 1.1 patch and thereafter.
*toot*
Industry

Post by Industry »

Wow, I thought I'd only missed the TFL beta with the weird wood pile maps. My friend and I played Crow's Bridge and Bragada about a 100 times one night after he discovered it, and ran to store at 9am to buy the full version that morning. I don't remember a moving background at all. That would be wicked cool. That and if the background was more than static you could make some wicked cool plugin effects.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

It wasn't actually a moving background if I remember, it was yeah - a film of a Grave game.

Anyway to extract that film? Heheh.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
necro2607

Re: awesome stuff

Post by necro2607 »

Commenting on this ancient thread since I noticed it's the only post on the subject... I loved the saved film playing behind the menu in TFL demo (can't remember if it did so in the full version but I feel like it didn't)..

Anyway, any chance of this being added back to the game? It was such an awesome feature! Of course, I guess a TFL 1.0 film would be pretty much useless for Myth II 1.8 ..
twitter: amatecha
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: awesome stuff

Post by Pyro »

Yes, the full version of TFL has that option in preferences. As for adding it to Myth2, I don't know for sure. It would seem doubtful the devs would put the time into it for something that might only be used for a little bit since the main purpose is to play the game.