Creating new collections

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Nick nitro

Post by Nick nitro »

hi all,

Is it possible to copy a collection and edit that, then use it as well as the original?, as every time i try, the first one is replaced with the new one.

Cheers
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Yes, it is possible. I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but make sure you're copying the collection in Fear, and not just duplicating the file via copy/paste or whatever. Also make sure things like collection references, monster and unit tags are pointing to the right tags.
Nick nitro

Post by Nick nitro »

cheers for the help, but i'm still a little confused as i can't open the collections from the fear menu. The only way i can make a new one is to copy it and rename it which is where i get the replacement problem. if anyone could point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

If you hold down the shift key while launching Fear, you will get access to a bung of additional tags that Fear can't really edit, including Collections. The main reason for the shift-launch feature is so that any tag can be duplicated and assigned its own Myth II tag header.
Mauglir
Nick nitro

Post by Nick nitro »

ah hah, thanks very much guys for all the help thats been bugging me for ages, once again cheers everyone!